Improving revenue on TGP sites

So… big question. How would you improve revenue on a TGP site?

I know productivety was mentioned here a few times, how do you calculate that exactly?

Would you go through and delete galleries (or entire programs) off your TGP based on how they convert, or do you leave them on?

I want to clean up my TGPs so just need any tips or advice I can get. The big one for me will probably just be to first of all check which programs and galleries convert the worst and remove those.

Re: Improving revenue on TGP sites

This is where running a successful tgp(s) gets a little tricky imo. In the past, when I wanted to make more $, I just launched a new site. I rarely make any changes to my sites. Not saying I wouldn’t make more $ if I did, I am just worried about making changes and somehow making less $ as a result.

When it comes to deleting galleries or sponsors, one thing I look at closely is not how much $ I made, but hot the galleries are performing. I have galleries in my tgp db’s that have never made any $ but I leave them there because they have a great click %. High prod is crucial for a tgp and if you have galleries that are drawing clicks they are going to help a lot. Even if they are not converting.

One thing I’d recommend even though I rarely do it is to swap out you banners/text links on a regular basis. If you have some that are making good $ then keep them obviously. But I think by changing out the ones that are not converting, that’d be the best way to increase revenue in the short term.

–Chubbs

Check out what I did with a few of my TGP sites, here is one of them: http://gaymenparadise.com/ After the first set of gallery thumbs, I used a free banner rotator script and loaded it with embeddable flash videos, those videos get A LOT of attention & clicks!

What do you mean with Click %? I presume ratio of views and clicks?

I dont use any banners on the galleries actually… Maybe worth trying as well.

[quote=Chubbs;21465]This is where running a successful tgp(s) gets a little tricky imo. In the past, when I wanted to make more $, I just launched a new site. I rarely make any changes to my sites. Not saying I wouldn’t make more $ if I did, I am just worried about making changes and somehow making less $ as a result.

When it comes to deleting galleries or sponsors, one thing I look at closely is not how much $ I made, but hot the galleries are performing. I have galleries in my tgp db’s that have never made any $ but I leave them there because they have a great click %. High prod is crucial for a tgp and if you have galleries that are drawing clicks they are going to help a lot. Even if they are not converting.

One thing I’d recommend even though I rarely do it is to swap out you banners/text links on a regular basis. If you have some that are making good $ then keep them obviously. But I think by changing out the ones that are not converting, that’d be the best way to increase revenue in the short term.

–Chubbs[/quote]

[QUOTE=gaydemon;20712]So… big question. How would you improve revenue on a TGP site?

I know productivety was mentioned here a few times, how do you calculate that exactly?

Would you go through and delete galleries (or entire programs) off your TGP based on how they convert, or do you leave them on?

I want to clean up my TGPs so just need any tips or advice I can get. The big one for me will probably just be to first of all check which programs and galleries convert the worst and remove those.[/QUOTE]

One major problem that I see with the current MGP/TGP model is that movies have to be downloaded to be watched. As of this week we will be launching our Hosted Flash Galleries with Post-Roll link. As a webmaster, you would get credit for all links on the page including the ones generated by the players.

By keeping the viewer on the gallery page, and ending with a clicable ad, we found that traffic becomes much more productive than with the current MGP model. Here is our first gallery: http://www.boydollars.com/galleries/_flash/02/index.php?CCBILL=XXXXXXX&HTML=http://www.boyfetish.com/tour1

Brian

You a gallery with Flash clips?

[quote=boydollarsbrian;23439]One major problem that I see with the current MGP/TGP model is that movies have to be downloaded to be watched. As of this week we will be launching our Hosted Flash Galleries with Post-Roll link. As a webmaster, you would get credit for all links on the page including the ones generated by the players.

By keeping the viewer on the gallery page, and ending with a clicable ad, we found that traffic becomes much more productive than with the current MGP model. Here is our first gallery: http://www.boydollars.com/galleries/_flash/02/index.php?CCBILL=XXXXXXX&HTML=http://www.boyfetish.com/tour1

Brian[/quote]

The example I sent you is our first that we are launching this week. We are moving to Flash Galleries.

i’ve seen tons of fhg’s with WMVs that stream rather than needing to fully download.

[quote=boydollarsbrian;23439]One major problem that I see with the current MGP/TGP model is that movies have to be downloaded to be watched. As of this week we will be launching our Hosted Flash Galleries with Post-Roll link. As a webmaster, you would get credit for all links on the page including the ones generated by the players.

Brian[/quote]

But I don’t think most play an ad at the end of the movie. I have not heard of WMV streaming being able to play a post, mid, or pre roll video ads.

Flash also plays much faster than WMV on Vista machines. All around flash has better compatibility all around.

Will be interesting to hear how well they do compared to normal galleries.

We tried flash FHGs and they failed miserably, mainly because FHGs are meant for TGP owners and TGP owners use scripts (like smart-thumbs) to run their sites, and those scripts are not flash friendly…particularly when it comes time to use a server-based tool like ffmpeg to capture screenshots and make thumbs.

And one thing is for sure, if a TGP owner cannot automatically process your galleries, you will be dropped and they will move on to the other 999 gallery providers instead.

[QUOTE=HunkMoneyLuke;23912]We tried flash FHGs and they failed miserably, mainly because FHGs are meant for TGP owners and TGP owners use scripts (like smart-thumbs) to run their sites, and those scripts are not flash friendly…particularly when it comes time to use a server-based tool like ffmpeg to capture screenshots and make thumbs.

And one thing is for sure, if a TGP owner cannot automatically process your galleries, you will be dropped and they will move on to the other 999 gallery providers instead.[/QUOTE]

Make an index page with big thumbs of the movies. Then link each thumb with another page (lets say movie1.html, movie2.html and movie3.html) with a flv player. You’ll get a beefy fhg (it’ll look like a mini-site) with flash movies and thumbs are cropable with all thumb rotators.

yeah thats what we did, but the flash gallery usage was maybe 10% of our normal galleries.

Not as many of the big mgps are as flash friendly as some may think.

I can’t stand em. Mainly for the reason Luke stated. I use ST for all my sites and it has issues cropping thumbs from flash galleries.

–Chubbs

[QUOTE=Chubbs;24432]I can’t stand em. Mainly for the reason Luke stated. I use ST for all my sites and it has issues cropping thumbs from flash galleries.

–Chubbs[/QUOTE]

ST has another “bug”. Cropping system has a strange behavior with 16:9 movies previews :bang: