I Have a Case of Hosted Gallery Confusion

I understand the standard in the past for image galleries has been for thumbs to link directly to the full size images due to a requirement of TGPs. However, even with free hosted galleries I see many programs still linking to the full size image.

Samples:
http://gallery.manifestmen.com/0035/
http://www.youlovejack.com/galleries/hosted/nickyBlacklock3/
http://www.gaycreeps.com/galleries/pb03/pb03_whiteboygetsbigblackcock/

These galleries are not being submitted to TGPs so why is this necessary?. Doesn’t it make more sense for the images to be on a page of their own with an ad or link above or below the full size image?

I think I must be missing something. Can anyone enlighten me?

Re: I Have a Case of Hosted Gallery Confusion

I’d be interested in hearing an explanation (reason) as well. If they aren’t being submitted to TGPs, why not link to a full page, where you can add text, links to sign up, etc. whistle

because when tgp owners add the fhg’s, they’re added to the tgp via the regular script, the mostly the scripts are set so that they will not accept the any galleries, fhg’ or otherwise, if their thumbs lead to pages.

Ah OK thanks. So then I guess it makes sense to at least attempt to calculate the benefit of having custom image pages versus non inclusion in the the TGPs (which I understand are all on the way out).

I guess for now & to be safe, I’ll just make the thumbs link to the image on the galleries I’m working on.

Seth,

You probably wont see much difference when you link them to html pages. At least that is what I have found. It’s really not worth the risk of tgp owners not using them.

Lloyd

[QUOTE=Seth;80966]
These galleries are not being submitted to TGPs so why is this necessary?. Doesn’t it make more sense for the images to be on a page of their own with an ad or link above or below the full size image?

I think I must be missing something. Can anyone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

So if they aren’t being submitted, it still means that TGP owners are grabbing them for use in their program? AND if so, being the owner, they can manually still approve these galleries, can’t they? seeing as how they aren’t being offered for use as submissions by others, to the TGP?

fhg’s are never submitted. they are affiliate tools, and even if you could add them, which some scripts won’t let you, the script will auto delete them.

ah, okay I get it now. It’s been a blond week :bang:lol

imho 98% of scripts will delete this kind of gallery, cause they parse HTML for href="…jpg".

that’s the case with all the scripts i’ve used in the past.