HTML Affiliate Banner Rotator

A great HTML banner rotating software and it’s FREE!!

Upload to your domain/server, easy installation, access control center via browser, create multiple groups for different niches with different affiliate banners with link, the program generates the code for you to paste into your pages. You can use it for just rotating text links or images.

I know there are free scripts for PHP but I don’t use .php extensions and thought I would share with those using .htm/.html. Much better than a lot of the older javascripts.

http://www.focalmedia.net/htmlrotate.html

Re: HTML Affiliate Banner Rotator

Huge Thank you for that. I think if you search this board we all have been searching for something for years. seems everyone gave OpenX a shot, but had too many issues.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

TIP… be sure you upload the files as directed in the instructions. If you’re on a shared linux hosting plan, you need to upload the files to the public_html or primary domain in most cases (depending on how your server is setup). Otherwise, no biggie.

The program generates a small snippet that you can paste into any page and use on any of your domains/websites. I particularly like that feature because you just need to create your banner rotation sets once and can use it on multiple sites without having to create another one for each site.

Create a group (example name it Twinks, Bareback, Pissing, etc.)
Create your text and/or image in your editor.
Paste the code into the program and save.
Add as many different sponsor banners as you want.
When done, click save, and then Generate Link.

I have been using this for ages now, it’s simple and works brilliantly.

…but, here’s a security warning: When you are not actively using the admin area, I recommend FTPing to your site and chmod’ing the cgi-bin files back to 644, as well as the generated .js files.

This looks very interesting!

How is it on server load? Anyone got comparisons to OpenX?

Anyone got a example of it running on a page? Would like to have a look and see what the HTML looks like in action (can’t find an example of it on their site).

My only worry is that it’s cheap… there must be a downside to a low price!?

Bjorn, it is in use on the link, about half way down the page :slight_smile:

It is, didn’t notice it was an example. Works very well and faster than OpenX. I wonder how it works with a much larger selection of banners in it’s database.

bjorn, the server load is almost nil with this program…but it is nothing like openX in that it does not track any stats at all. All it does is rotate any bits of code. You can see it running on pretty much every site I own now:
http://gayxxxrated.com/ the “reviews” are 3 of the same htmlrotate javascript running, the banner at the bottom is also one
http://hunknetwork.com/ the embedded flash video uses it on this site, as does the banners

And it doesn’t slow down with the number of banners either, as its very simple code. Check the js file here: http://www.studdirectory.com/rot8/flashvids.js

If you want all the “bling”, such as tracking, etc, you can purchase the Pro Version. With all of the means of tracking such as campaigns and with NATS program, I didn’t see a need to buy the Pro Version.

If you send all your traffic through a jump script that keeps stats then just include that code into the HTML you input into the Rotator instead of the direct link to the site and you have the best of both worlds :slight_smile:

The only thing I didn’t like about this program is that it loads a .js file that includes all your links in it… Then a separate .js file randomly selects one of these. I don’t see any problems with it but then again who knows how Google looks at that? A .js file full of HTML even if it is HTML pointing to jump scripts that are blocked by robots.txt could still send up a red flag… Plus depending on how many links you add to this file it could get pretty large. I don’t use this program so it’s all pure speculation on my end. Just putting out ideas for others to ponder… I guess you could always put the .js file behind a robots.txt blocked dir as well??

Sincerely,
Kevin.

Oh right… thanks guys. So major benefit but also major downsides. I have a very large selection of banners and a single file open to the public with all the URLs isn’t maybe a good idea. Will have to test it out I guess and see.