How much do you reinvest into your sites?

So Im wondering, how much money out of your revenue or profits do you put back into and re-invest into your own sites and company?

In my own case, it goes up and down. Some periods I go slightly mad and have applications built, designs created etc others I just do very little. But on average i probably put at least 15-20% back in to my sites (or new sites).

With reinvesting or putting money back in, I’m talking as in written text, producing or making content, new designs etc.

Re: How much do you reinvest into your sites?

I think with a typical paysite, the percentage would be higher than 15-20%. Model costs, hosting expenses, leased feeds and advertising can be astronomical even for a small site like UKNM. And with the bigger programs, you have employee costs to add onto the ledger.

My guess is that the typical established paysite would reinvest 30-60% of their gross income.

Btw, when I was building AVS galleries for a living, sometimes I would reinvest as much as 100% or more in a month when I would go on a content buying spree. On average, I would guess I reinvested about 50% back then. But I never used sponsor content either.

You have to spend money to make money! :wink:

Well, here’s my main “re-investement” for this year…

New site design - $20,000
New HD Cameras - $24,000
MPA3 - $22,000
New Editing PC’s and software - $24,000

I’m going off to cry now ;-(

i currently reinvest 90-100% in the business - wanting to grow it big and strong… have been doing so for a very very long time…

[QUOTE=Adam Mason;22727]Well, here’s my main “re-investement” for this year…

New site design - $20,000
New HD Cameras - $24,000
MPA3 - $22,000
New Editing PC’s and software - $24,000

I’m going off to cry now ;-([/QUOTE]

Hmm, I didn’t even consider equipment in my estimate. Now my figures are all screwed up. Lol

I’m not very good at figuring out the percentages, but I do know I have to spend money to make money. This month saw some domain purchases, a replacement monitor for one that died, and a developer license for a template I’ve been wanting… and it’s only the 11th!!!

As an affiliate, I would say I put about 10-20% back into my blogs and building a network. I also have a musician’s promotion site and I pay someone to look after that because I’m so busy with the adult stuff. That site doesn’t make enough yet to sustain itself so the hosting, BW, and staff money comes from adult blogging.

I plan on putting even more into this business though in the near future. I’m always looking for ways to branch out and learn.