How many set for a transparent tour?

Hello,
few weeks ago we spoke about console and reality tours. Once “transparent” tour came out I heard different opinion about the min number of sets that a tour like that should have. I’ve heard about 5 sets, 10 sets, 30 sets.

I would like to delve into this matter. What’s your opinion?

Re: How many set for a transparent tour?

There is no correct answer. Except to say, that you can’t have more sets than you have in your members area. If a surfer finds a model he likes, he will join. The more sets you have, the more bookmarkers you will get.

My understanding of a transparent tour is there will be a tour page for every set/video you have inside the site … without the functions to actually view the larger images or videos. While your niche can influence what you intially start up with (micro/specialty niches can get away with a bit less), I’d say you’re looking at a minimum of 9-10 videos and 20 photo sets.

This is what I do on my sites. It works well :cool:

I started BLAKEMASON with 24 films and we always had a transparent tour. As time goes by your site looks better and better and people can actually see the regular updates, that’s why I like transparent.

I would recommend you have at least 20 for go live, and then a healthy number ready to go in the can so you can deliver updates to your members. Dry spells can happen, and you don’t want to get caught out in a drought. Once you hit 50 updates your site becomes more attractive, but I would say 100 is the true “take-off” point :wink:

[QUOTE=Adam Mason;23392]I started BLAKEMASON with 24 films and we always had a transparent tour. As time goes by your site looks better and better and people can actually see the regular updates, that’s why I like transparent.

I would recommend you have at least 20 for go live, and then a healthy number ready to go in the can so you can deliver updates to your members. Dry spells can happen, and you don’t want to get caught out in a drought. Once you hit 50 updates your site becomes more attractive, but I would say 100 is the true “take-off” point ;-)[/QUOTE]

I can’t hide that I was looking (or hoping) for your answer lol

Great to know that I have to spend other $150k to reach the take-off :bang:

[QUOTE=InsaneSimon;23393]I can’t hide that I was looking (or hoping) for your answer lol

Great to know that I have to spend other $150k to reach the take-off :bang:[/QUOTE]

Ahh, but you know what you’re doing as far as web marketing is concerned… I didn’t until fairly late on in the game! All I can say is cost me over $200,000 to turn that corner of spending money before I began earning it lol

a transparent tour shows the entire member area - that’s why it’s transparent. it mirrors the exact navigation, all the sections and links, everything that’s in there. if you have a pics section, a video section and a model index as well as a bonus page, your tour will show the pics section, video section, model index and bonus page.

the reason it’s “transparent” is it shows prospective members exactly what they will find in the member area. the only thing they don’t get access to is the content - plus there’s a join link on each page.

how many episodes you should start with depends on how your member area is set up. you could start with 12 episodes as long as it doesn’t make the pages look empty. of course, it will sell better when there’s more content.

The new HMBoys was built as a transparent tour site, its easier to do when you have 8 years worth of content… :slight_smile:

you can make a semi transparent tour - show what the member home page and say 8 or 10 of the episodes have to offer. i’ve sold tours like that very well without 100+ episodes.

Finally I’ve decided to start with 10 sets and a transparent tour as 2nd tour. This tour will have big images and some other great features. It’ll be updated once a week when the new set comes in the member area. During the phase 1 both tours will be tested on several kind of traffic and the main one will the best converting one.