How Does Manhunt Protect Pics?

Don’t know if you’ve noticed it, but in the last month or so there’s been a change with how Manhunt handles pics. At first I thought it was a Firefox 3 thing, but I tested and I’m seeing the same behavior in Safari…

To see what I mean, try saving a non-public pic to your desktop from a Manhunt profile. You won’t get the pic - you’ll get their standard locked pic graphic. Even if you look at the page properties in FF - the real image will sorta flash and then you get the locked pic graphic.

If you try to do a Save As of the page using Firefox’s “Web Page, complete” option or Safari’s web archive option - you won’t get any non-public pics. The only way to get what you see is to do a screen capture.

If you do a “view image” and all you have is the image - you’ll see the image, but if you try to save it you can’t - you get the locked pic graphic.

But they go a step further - try viewing the source code of a profile page - you get the source code for the login page, not the profile page.

I’ve NEVER seen such good image protection and I’m wondering how they do it… Any ideas?

Re: How Does Manhunt Protect Pics?

I will ask the guys at Manhunt for you. I am interested as well. But, I kinda like the fact that they are doing it. Haven’t seen any other guys with the same cock as mine for a while now. :slight_smile:

Re: How Does Manhunt Protect Pics?

interesting… definitely post what they say Abostonboy