How do I spot bad CCBill sites?

I recently found a couple of sites I promote where I have not been credited with any hits or sales, even if my own internal script tells me I have send considerable amount of hits.

I know the links are correct, they work and should be working.

How do I check a site / page to see if they are doing anything they shouldnt with affiliate traffic?

Is there anyway to spot dodgy ccbill tours?

Re: How do I spot bad CCBill sites?

well… musclehunks comes to mind…I used to sell them extremly well, then all of a sudden for 4 months NO SALE… I was amazed… checking my ccbill stats I could see thousands of clicks being sent to them but no sale… finally, I went to check their cookie duration and seen it set for same day (is that 24 hours, or can you set it just for the session?)… anyway, I wrote to them and they came out with some bull explanation why they changed this without notice…

So lesson learned …

By no means am I saying that this is the case with you Bjorn, but I know when we change things (the way a site is set up or something) we give the affiliates weeks of notice. This is only applicable to affiliates that for one reason or another do not chose to link to the main page. Maybe they (the sponsor that you are referring to) have changed something and didn’t inform anyone. If you see that you are sending traffic and not getting the correct results, seems like the sponsor should be able to give you a pretty good reason and pretty fast. I thought one of the benefits of using a managed account like CCBill was that it was pretty tough to scam an affiliate that way?

[QUOTE=gaydemon;6600]

How do I check a site / page to see if they are doing anything they shouldnt with affiliate traffic?

Is there anyway to spot dodgy ccbill tours?[/QUOTE]

Use your link and then goto the ccbill join page. View source and you should see your aff id. It’s a pain, but really the only way to tell.

I normally follow them through and have a look. In this case there is nothing that looks suspicious which makes me need to look even deeper.

What you suggest might work, ill try and look in the code for the join page.

I might as well show what site it is.

The problem I have is with www.Daddylamar.com (I’m not saying they have done anything wrong though just yet).

I’ve used a standard type of CCBill link:

http://refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clicks.cgi?CA=910364-0000&PA=1499783&HTML=http://www.daddylamar.com

And send around 24.000 hits. None have been recorded. I looked at the join page but I honestly dont know what to look for.

If you look at the source of the page you’ll see that it looks like the affiliate id isn’t being carried forward, which would be why no conversions

You know, it isn’t that easy to spot either… geez, I wish it would be simple, but I can’t find any affiliate id carry over myself, so I don’t have a clue… where’s the geeks when you need em?

I know!! I think its hard because im not sure what to look for. Would the Affiliate ID be in the actual code? Is it enough to just do a search for it in the HTML.

What you are looking for on a join page source code is this line:
<input type=hidden name=ccbill_referer value=> That is the only way I know of to bypass the affiliate tracking system and either specify an affiliate, or prevent any affiliate signups. Its probably the tackiest thing any site could do, and anyone caught doing it needs to be severely whipped. Knowledge of this type of button coding is your protection against someone that might decide to get a little greedy.

if it looks like this: <input type=hidden name=ccbill_referer value=‘1705984’>
it would be considered hard coded for a particular affiliate, in this instance 1705984.

if it looks like this: <input type=hidden name=ccbill_referer value=’’>
it would be hard coded to prevent any affiliate ID being passed to the join form

If the ccbill button code does not have that ccbill referer value line, then it should be just fine and you should be credited for any sales.

I tried to view source on the daddylamar join page, but it seems to be somehow prevented. That to me is a little scary.

So wait, I’m a LITTLE confused (re the poster directly above me).

You’re saying that if it is coded like this:

if it looks like this: <input type=hidden name=ccbill_referer value=‘1705984’>
it would be considered hard coded for a particular affiliate, in this instance 1705984.

then that’s a good thing?

If you see a line like that which has YOUR affiliate code, it would be a good thing. In a situation where a site has hardcoded their join button to include the ccbill_referer value, it is probably not going to be your ID.

<input type=hidden name=ccbill_referer value=> with “” or an affiliate ID following the value= will have priority over a ccbill referral cookie, and whatever is hard coded will be passed on to the signup form.

If a line of code like that DOES NOT appear if you view source on a join button page, then the signup form will look for the cookie with your affiliate ID/check your IP address against the click that got you there. So its probably best if you don’t see that line at all.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;6600]I recently found a couple of sites I promote where I have not been credited with any hits or sales, even if my own internal script tells me I have send considerable amount of hits.

I know the links are correct, they work and should be working.

Is there anyway to spot dodgy ccbill tours?[/QUOTE]

Hi Bjorn, I tried to icq you with no luck. there are a few things we can check. Hit me up when you get a chance.

paulk @ ccbill.com
ic q 248615940

bjorn, as i recall the same issue may apply to dungeonbears. wondering if you ever tried to contact them about it?

I had an incident where a site said we would get 50% on rebills forever. however, their CCBill account was setup so that the rebills quit after 3.

I contacted the site and they fixed it promptly, but it gave me two more to-dos:

1. regularly check terms on CCBill and compare to site
  2. check terms of all new transactions and compare to site

Thanks for the help. I’ve forwarded what you found to the owner.

[quote=CCBill Paul;6799]Hi Bjorn, I tried to icq you with no luck. there are a few things we can check. Hit me up when you get a chance.

paulk @ ccbill.com
ic q 248615940[/quote]