How Common is Recycled Content?

Curious, if any sponsors will say how often they recycle their content?

By that, I mean, if you get a new model today, release his pics/video today, how long do you wait before you re-release those pics/videos?

And when you do re-release them, do you make it seem like its new, or not, to your affiliates?

Re: How Common is Recycled Content?

We’ve never re-released content to members. However we do ourselves re-use promo material occasionally long after it’s initial release.

With that said I have seen talk on the boards in the past about having revolving member content which I have to say is a bit intriguing.

i’ve seen a couple programs do that, and it’s damned inconvenient for those of us who don’t want to repeat content and can’t memorize which of hundreds or even thousands of pic sets we’ve used in the past.

It’s been a problem for me in the past when I’ve done a post for a sponsor and then get the materials a second time. Funny this is coming up now - about a week ago I decided to put a hash function in my CMS to check for dupe images. When it’s done I think the programs usually re-release to members, but don’t push it out again to affiliates. Bareback Masters is one that comes to mind that’s pushed duplicate content out to affiliates on more than one occasion - as they change affiliate reps, the new reps aren’t aware of what’s been sent by previous reps…

We don’t re-release content on the site but we have started a “Classics of the week” section on the site which highlights some of our older films. We’re including some of these films in our affiliate mailer but it’s easy for an “old” affiliate to see it’s a re-release of promo content.

Interesting, but what if the re-release doesn’t use the same images?

Example, most affiliates get about 15 or so images, and most photo shoots are around a 100 or so.

Now let’s say Harry & Bill was shot, & released in Oct 2008. Sponsors sent out 15 pics out of the 100 to affiliates back then, released the shoot in the members area back then, and now, in Oct 2010 they send out another 15 pics, and push Harry & Bill scene up to the front in the member’s area, as new. The info they send affiliates, that includes the description starts off with ‘new to our site this week is Harry & Bill’

Is that kind of thing common, and is it even ethical, or right? I mean doesn’t it make us look like fools, pushing something as ‘new’ when its been in the member’s area for 2 years?

And how would we know, or be able to even spot it?

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;81129]Interesting, but what if the re-release doesn’t use the same images?

Example, most affiliates get about 15 or so images, and most photo shoots are around a 100 or so.

Now let’s say Harry & Bill was shot, & released in Oct 2008. Sponsors sent out 15 pics out of the 100 to affiliates back then, released the shoot in the members area back then, and now, in Oct 2010 they send out another 15 pics, and push Harry & Bill scene up to the front in the member’s area, as new. The info they send affiliates, that includes the description starts off with ‘new to our site this week is Harry & Bill’

Is that kind of thing common, and is it even ethical, or right? I mean doesn’t it make us look like fools, pushing something as ‘new’ when its been in the member’s area for 2 years?[/QUOTE]

Chances are at least one of the 15 best images will be a repeat.