How Anal do you Get?

When building your pages, just how much tweaking do you do, to a page, before moving on to your next page?

Do you spend hours on it, minutes, seconds? Or are you as compulsive as me, and wind up spending days on a page, at times.

Or do you do it, move on, then come back to it later, to tweak, or revamp?

Amazing how much time I seem to be wasting, doing just that, tweaking & re tweaking, when I probably should just move on. :bang:

Mind you, it does help refresh the coding skills, which I have sorely neglected since moving more towards a blogging site building.

Re: How Anal do you Get?

Honestly I am very anal about keeping code clean and neat so I spend hours on a simple page sometimes, then I will take a break and look again to be sure I didnt miss any closing tags. Also I am anal about grammer, I will write it all in Word then revise until its just the way I want it and format it in html.

I do come back sometimes days later to check a page. Its my own battle as I dont think I should spend as much time as I do.

I get very anal about code but i go about it in a different way and that is in the initial set up pf a page and have all my checkers on so when i miss something i can fix on spot thereby not wasting hours or days in cleaning up code. I also the double check with W3C compliancies.

I wonder if we are all blood related. Me, too. It’s a fine balance between being responsible, smart, and doing a good job - and overdoing it. My attention to detail does pay off sometimes, and also I have lost money because time is money in business. That is the test I am using for how far I should go. It can always be better. If I sense time is passing by, I move on. Or I am trying.

I am not fussy, thankfully I don’t do a lot of coding anymore and the guy that does it for me is very very fussy. And that has turned out to be a good thing, especially when browser major upgrades come out (like when firefox started requiring color numbers to be in quotes with a # sign in front, or they wouldn’t work)

I envy you. That would make my life so much easier to have someone do that for me, especially if they were really fussy. After months of trying to get my blog designs going, I finally hired a designer to do just that.