Help! Has CCBill changed the way you verify links?

It has been mentioned in this forum and the SignBucks site that you can check to see if your CCBIll links are working by “clicking your link, go to the join form, open its source code and search for your PA. It should be there in this string: <input type=‘hidden’ name=‘ccbill_referer’ value=‘XXXXXX’>”

Has this changed? I just clicked on three of my links in Google chrome, opened the source code, copied it to my text editor (Notetab Light), did a search for ‘ccbill_referer’ and nothing came up! Obviosly I must be doing something wrong or CCBill changed the process for checking links. I did this on both the first join page and also the actual join page where you enter your CC data (where there were over a thousand lines of code!) and got the same results with both.

I’ve been making sales on the sites I checked so the links must be working. I just don’t know why I can’t check it.

If anyone can tell me approxiamtely what line of code you can see your affiliate ID I would be VERY grateful!

Re: Help! Has CCBill changed the way you verify links?

you might just be on the wrong page, you need to be on the ccbill join form where you fill out your membership information

OK, I switched to Firefox and found it! Then once I knew the general area it was located I switched back to Chrome and found it there also. In case anyone else is wondering the code is around line 880.

I think my text search did not work because ‘ccbill_referer’ does not always have the quotes around it in the code.

Sorry to bother everyone!

Oh, and I hate to admit that I was surprised to see my actual page that refereed the surfer is listed also. For some reason I didn’t think CCBill tracked the specific page and only tracked the site. Stoopid me! Now I want to go into my CCBill stats to see if I can find this info for past sales.

[QUOTE=msm;110316]

Oh, and I hate to admit that I was surprised to see my actual page that refereed the surfer is listed also. For some reason I didn’t think CCBill tracked the specific page and only tracked the site. Stoopid me! Now I want to go into my CCBill stats to see if I can find this info for past sales.[/QUOTE]

You can find the referring URL in many cases in the Ccbill stats admin. Quite a few times it comes up as N/A though.

Wouldn’t it be great if CCBill could include the refering link in those sale notification emails they send out? Come to think of it, it would be nice to see this from Epoch, NATS and everyone else.

actually you can see CCbill sales referring urls into its admin

Yes, I was saying it would be nice if the referring URL was included in the email notification of a sale.