Helicopters, guns, attack dogs: New video shows raid on MegaUpload founder

With New Zealand authorities trying to overturn a ruling that a raid of Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom’s mansion was illegal, new footage has surfaced showing police storming the home with helicopters, semiautomatic weapons, and attack dogs, despite the fact that police admitted Dotcom posed a “low risk.”

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/08/helicopters-guns-attack-dogs-new-video-shows-raid-on-dotcom-home/

Re: Helicopters, guns, attack dogs: New video shows raid on MegaUpload founder

I can understand why people would feel little sympathy, but come on!

Why is the response to this man so severe, and basically INSANE, when bankers have caused BILLIONS of $'s worth of damage to entire populations and are given golden handshakes? I don’t see the offices of Standard Chartered Bank being raided like this, despite the (completely innocent and ethical) USA declaring them as being guilty of breaching sanctions against Iran.

This is completely crazy.

The major problem with this relates to issues of National Sovereignty. Why is the USA being allowed to march all over the world, sticking their fucking guns in people’s faces as though they’re global fucking police?

If I were a New Zealand citizen I would be demanding answers about why the USA was allowed to do this.

The FBI should have ZERO influence in any other nation.

Re: Helicopters, guns, attack dogs: New video shows raid on MegaUpload founder

Damn, nice home!! I must be in the wrong profession… UGH