Heads up Gamma affiliates

At the end of last month Gamma sent out an email giving affiliates 30 to accept their new terms of service.

You have a grace period of 30 days to acknowledge these changes. Failure to do so within this timeframe will result in your account being set to inactive.

And today they sent out another email that gives affiliates 2 weeks to do a fairly rigorous KYC process.

So that’s multiple things to do by March 1 - or else your account with them will be suspended… If you’re not paying close attention to your affiliate emails - you’ll definitely want to pay attention to those emails…

I remember going through this process last year. Just the standard questions you have to answer, I don’t think anything was striking or different from the usual KYC stuff.

The email makes it sound like this is something new…

We are writing to inform you that we have introduced a new mandatory compliance process. To continue using our online platform, all existing and new Affiliates must adequately complete this process.

(emphasis mine)

I’ve not received such an email. It probably affects those who have not gone through KYC process.

I’ve not had any email about this recently. But I think I went through some verification last year though, a standard KYC thing. It’s maybe something we’re more used to here in the EU, always a bit scary but standard.

Is there any notification when you login too or just by email?

Just to clarify things a little.

The new terms went out a few months ago, and affiliates have been able to accept them by logging into their affiliate accounts. The 30 day notice was only recently sent out to affiliates that hadn’t already accepted the terms. So most affiliates that frequently login wouldn’t have received this email.

The KYC process has been going on for a little longer and we’ve been reaching out to affiliates one by one to complete this. We’ve recently sent out a new batch, but many have already completed this or haven’t yet been selected to do it. This is a lot of work for our team, but we intend to do every account.

If you need to take action you will be contacted, but not every account has to do something unless they’ve been notified.

I liked this bit best “We only do business with reputable sites and site managers, and updating our compliance process is the perfect way to ensure we continue to do that.”
Considering how disreputable we are, you can probably go ahead and turn us off anyhow :smiley: :laughing:

I liked this bit best “We only do business with reputable sites and site managers, and updating our compliance process is the perfect way to ensure we continue to do that.”
Considering how disreputable we are, you can probably go ahead and turn us off anyhow :smiley: :laughing:

I don’t blame them for doing this, but have to agree I do feel they should be more selective and not send to programs such as you guys or us, who have been affiliates with them for like 20 years lol. If you are going through one by one, why not be more selective? We pay them just as much through our affiliate program as they pay us through the many trades we’ve done over the years, so if they want to cut our account off it’s not like we wouldn’t do the same to them. But anyways, I don’t mind doing it, I just definitely think they could have worded things a little better and left the well known affiliates that they obviously know out of this extra hassle.

I really think it’s just the wording that’s badly chosen. The process itself wasn’t that bad.

1 Like

I already returned their questionnaire and then received another threatening “reminder” email lol. Hopefully they do approve us soon though, but yeah, I think there are some better ways they could have rolled this out so it doesn’t sound so threatening and give such a short amount of time.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I haven’t done it. Our account was only for a mailer exchange we did with Falcon years ago