Hardcore Banners vs Softcore Banners

Does anyone have some analytics that would prove or disprove that hardcore banners have a higher click thru ratio than softcore? I sincerely would like to hear people’s thoughts on the topic.

Re: Hardcore Banners vs Softcore Banners

I dont have any hard facts, but its not as simple as Hardcore OR Softcore.

I would however tend to think a well designed hardcore banner would outsell an softcore. The only reason i can see not using a hardcore one is for legal reasons, is it still a issue in the US?

i didn’t use analytics, but in most cases - not every case - hardcore banners got 2x or more clicks for me vs. banners that didn’t show nudity. on the other hand, in some niches - particularly bodybuilding - non nude clicked as well if the model was great and the banner was well done.

softcore is more subjective since even webmasters don’t agree what that it. i used to sell solo big cocks, straight guys jacking off and other niches some consider softcore very well. if you’re talking about jackoff banners or banners showing erections, they can do just as well depending on your traffic.

I guess I should clarify the difference for me with hardcore and softcore. Hardcore being full nudity with potential action being seen. Softcore would be no nudity with no action.
I have also thought that ‘nudity’ sells and that it would have more ‘clicks’ than none nude, but no real hard facts to back up my theory. So I thought I’d bring it to the experts…YOU.

At the end of the day - a hot banner is a hot banner. nude, non-nude, soft or hardcore. imo, it’s about the impact, not the hype.