Hairy Men Clinic - Bec

Ok, I’d like to participate in this as well. I’ve only had time to really put up a couple posts on your site Michael, but here’s the “announcement” post.

http://www.morenakedmen.com/2008/09/13/new-hairy-men-and-bears-site-butch-dixon/

Hairy Men Clinic - Bec

bec’s post here.

Re: Hairy Men Clinic - Bec

I like the fact that you created your own graphics, that’ll help separate your blog from others.

You should remove the word “chubs” since we’re not really featuring big-bellied men on Butch Dixon. There may be a couple in the member’s area now, but we’re not planning to shoot any.

As a way of teaching others, I’ll go over some of the terms you used. A bear is a hairy man who can range from beefy or chubby to big-bellied. A bear doesn’t have to be really overweight to be considered a bear, but bears do tend to carry extra weight.

I’ve always thought of chubs as bears without hair. A chub definitely has to be really over weight, I’d say at least 100 pounds. If you removed all of the body hair from a big bear, then he’d probably be a chub; although some men might fit into both categories equally as well, especially if the bear / chub has facial hair.

If I were promoting Bear Films, I’d definitely use the word “bear,” but if I were promoting Butch Dixon or Hairy Boyz or Rear Stable, I’d probably use words like: real men, masculine men, muscle bears, and hairy men.

I liked that you used words like “man meat” and “treasure trail.” That shows someone who knows what they’re selling and isn’t just trying to dupe the surfer, and bear seekers have been duped for years. Many affiliates tend to think anyone with a hair on their chest is a bear. So the more specific you can make you language, the better I think you’ll sell.

How’s that? Any questions?

Michael

Great info - thanks Michael! Can you please give us some more pro terms like treasure trail? I know with hairy women you have a bunch of unique terms too, not sure what they are with men.

funny thing about that - for several years we owned a hairy chick site and the only terms we ever seemed to need to sell was “hairy pussy” or “hairy bush”. of course, there’s hairy armpits and hairy legs, but those are niches of their own or fall into hirsute, and there’s only a couple sponsors for that - less till hippie goddess re-opened their affiliate program. great niches if you have quality content :slight_smile:

with hairy men, i try more bodyparts - hairy chest, furry arms, etc. with hairy men, it’s more about the entire guy.

I’m with basschick on this, it’s all about the whole man. However, you’ll have some surfers who really love hairy legs, hairy backs, hairy chests, hairy butts, hairy bellies, goatees, beards, moustaches … so I always try to work those features into my text. Of course, if a guy is hairy all over, I wouldn’t’ mention them all, that would be overkill. I would usually focus in on the one or two things that really turned me on.

And you’ll want to vary your words: hairy, hirsute, furry, unshaven, stubbly, face scruff.

Michael