Google's latest Penguin/Pan updates hurting our current affiliates?

I have noticed a drop in my affiliates traffic after Googles new search engine updates.

Most of these blogs copy and paste the content’s description as posted on the originating website thus demising any ranking value within returned search results.

Has anyone noticed this trend or I am I looking into this?too much?

Re: Google’s latest Penguin/Pan updates hurting our current affiliates?

I never copy a sponsor’s descriptions but my new visits from Google are completely stable. If my competitors were seeing less traffic you’d think I’d see more, but that’s not really the case…

Overall…

My tube site…

My blog site…

My forum site…

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 10.08.50 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 10.08.25 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 10.08.06 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 10.07.38 PM.jpg

Thanks for the data and insight

No, I’ve not seen any major difference. Comparing to last year the trends are exactly the same.

Google has always placed value on original content, and pasting in anything is risky. The more content you copy-paste the less impact your site is going to have.

Google seeks out authorities on a subject, so if you paste in something that ten other sites have also used, which does Google choose to lend the most credibility to?

Site credibility is a considerable factor here and I believe that there is probably a threshold for content like this. For example, if you have 100 posts and 10 of them are copied content while 90 are packed with information, you will do better than the competition just pasting in the same content everyone else uses.

But, if all 100 posts are packed with information and none of it is copied, you will do better than the person with 10 copied posts on their blog.

It’s complex, and Google is a mysterious beast where bounce rates, commenting, time on site and other factors all add or detract from the success of a site, but the text content on any site should absolutely always be the key area of attention.

I’ve said it plenty of times, people need to get back to being actual bloggers, not just affiliates spreading content and hoping someone will click through.