"Google Account has been disabled", looking for new premium analytics software

Ok,

so today, after using google Analytics and other google tools for over 4 years, I suddenly see information “Account has been disabled” and I don’t have access to anything I had there, including gmail account, webmaster tools, analytics, google+ profile, nil.

Even if after few weeks they will reply to my email and reactivate my account I just realised I actually could have just lost all my websites stats from over 4 years… and this definitely is one of the most precious tools.

So… good bye Google Analytics, I need some more reliable commercial product, no matter what the price is, as long as they don’t mind adult content and are at least as good as G.A.

Any recommendations there?

Btw… hate google even more now lol

Thanks
Tom

Re: “Google Account has been disabled”, looking for new premium analytics software

Analytics doesn’t ban adult sites - it might be worth finding out why it has happened. It could be something as simple as someone was trying to hack your account?

Re: “Google Account has been disabled”, looking for new premium analytics software

Hey Rob,

yeah - I know they don’t ban adult sites, but with google as monopoly anything is possible in the future, so even if they reactivate my account I decided to look for other premium commercial product for something as important for me as sites’ stats.

Fair enough :slight_smile:

I had my Google account disabled as well. Got it back within 30 minutes of contacting them. Someone was trying to hack into my account and it got blocked.

Whenever you deal with anything free youtake this risk. Analytics is the best out there though. For me it’s worth the risk as I also have my own server stats.

Lloyd

Piwik is an open source alternative: http://piwik.org/

histats.com , getclicky.com , try installing awstats on the server - then you’re not relying on third-party stats, and you don’t need any html codes on each page.

Not seen that before.

Installed it and looks great so far, thanks for letting us know about it.

I’ve heard they can disable your whole Google account if you break the terms and conds. with the new Google+ business pages…sounds like a few people are having this issue

Once you use GetClicky.com that’s all you’ll ever want to use.

It’s better then Google Analytics.

I use piwik, too

Just got this email from google team:

“We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. The issue you
described should now be resolved.”

so it’s not all that bad, however there’s no way I’m relying on google’s products anymore. For the amount of data we feed them with they should be paying us lol lol

I’ll go with getclicky.com and see how it goes.

Thanks guys!

My Google+ Page is still suspended, even tho I didn’t publish there any 18+ content, I guess adult sites overall won’t have any luck with Google+ Pages. Shame as this will definitely become one of the deciding factors in search rank.

I dont think that google+ is ever going to see a lot of traction, if it was going to take off, it would have by now (in the popular consciousness I mean; I often call it ‘Facebook for Contrarians’). if it means something like compromising your stats due to any t&c’s id just stay away from it.

You should always have a backup stats tracker running in tandem with GA (redundancies for every point in your business right?), I like histats because it gives you live info that GA wont, plus ive used it in the past to fix other things using some of it’s most active IP’s, and most popular pages tools to find and block bots on my sites etc…there are some slight statistical discrepancies in the reporting between it and GA though - just dont rack your brain trying to fix that. GA is the more accurate one of the two.

Statcounter seems to work well enough.

Piwik user here too, very satisfied. You keep your data in-house. If you have hosting with Cpanel, the Softaculous tool in it has one-click install for Piwik.