GoDaddy: ID Now Required to Transfer Domain?

This has got to be a tactic to try to stile people transferring their domains away from GoDaddy:

[ORIGINAL SOURCE]

Ahr4337CIAE28Xo.jpg

Re: GoDaddy: ID Now Required to Transfer Domain?

Yes! I think its a good idea that they are requiring to get ID’s to transfer. I don’t think godaddy is doing anything out of the ordinary and they are just protecting themselves and the owners of the URL’s. I think the reason why they are requiring ID is because some people are stealing or taking other peoples URL without permission or people have other peoples log in information and URL’s are being transferred without permission. Believe me it happen to me :slight_smile: and I wish this we in affect when my URL’s were taken!

Also, they used to have a policy that if you changed any ownership info you couldn’t transfer the domain away from them for 3 months…

Just started to move domains away from Godaddy, which means firstly turning off the lock status… and this is what pops up…

They are obviously going through a rough time with all their bad press over SOPA.

What a laugh.

godaddyhaha.png

They are just trying to be a pain in the ass…that’s all.

I have always found transfers easy between two people who are both using Go Daddy. But if you want to transfer a Go Daddy register to someone else, oh brother, what a hassle.

Nah.

This has to do with the big movement that is going on regarding GoDaddy and moving domains out of them.

GoDaddy most likely got scared about this -
http://www.webpronews.com/abandon-godaddy-day-wasnt-a-smash-hit-2011-12
and just decided to make it almost impossible to transfer domains out.

I am so glad that I don’t have any of my domains with them…

Go Daddy, Verizon, Netflix… what’s with all these mega companies making lame-brain decisions designed to piss off customers?