Gay Cop Cant March in Gay Pride Parade in LA [in the news]

An LA Officer got his marching orders … DENIED!

Story reads:
TMZ has learned a gay cop will file a complaint against his department, after he was denied the right to march in uniform Sunday in the West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade because it would bring “discredit” to his department.
Read the full story here

All kidding aside with the photo we posted, that is just plain wrong of the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) and even more foolish of them for putting their position in writing.
May the officer retire early and with a nice payout.

Re: Gay Cop Cant March in Gay Pride Parade in LA [in the news]

From a legal perspective, this could actually be less black and white than we might expect IMO. It depends on their definition of discredit and their stance on the use of the uniform in other instances.
The security company I worked for didn’t allow us to wear our uniform for social occasions (going to the pub after work etc), but I can’t recall the language used in the contract.
If his contract uses that word in a general sense, applying to the use of uniform in any social or public instance outside of work, then he might not actually have that much of a case. But if they’ve chosen that word specifically in this instance he’s in line for a pretty nice payout!
At least that’s how I see it.

I hope he beats their asses. It’s another example of complete stupidity. If they had allowed it they would have been showing their dedication to diversity, directly to an audience they should be connecting with. Most other people wouldn’t have cared and those who did have a problem with it would be in the minority. By taking this stance they’ve made themselves look like homophobic idiots, and they’ve actually caused far more discredit to their department than their officer ever could have! By placating a homophobic minority they’re angering the vast majority.

Definitely a face-palm moment.

Police routinely march in all sorts of NYC parades (including gay ones). The City would have huge lawsuits (which they’d lose) if they tried to block it.

The question is whether LA allows police to march (in uniform) in other parades.

As I’ve said a billion times…society really has to get over this care about what others do in their bedrooms. Gawd that pisses me off. Who fucking cares? Like really. When are people going to mind their own damn business?

Sorry…this kind of thing just really irks me. It’s so friggin’ 14th century.

But on a positive note…yes, let’s hope the officer gets himself a very nice payday. :slight_smile:

Is it me, but those two cops dressed up, and the van, sure don’t look like LA Police.

I think it does depend, if they can wear the uniform at other events or not. Be interesting to see how it all turns out

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;95638]Is it me, but those two cops dressed up, and the van, sure don’t look like LA Police.

I think it does depend, if they can wear the uniform at other events or not. Be interesting to see how it all turns out[/QUOTE]

for purposes of finding a funny photo, I did not find any good ones from LAPD, but this one with the two “bobbies” from the UK was hilarious. Plus it pisses off some of the “blokes” on a UK based board.

Well it also detracts from the story itself, imho

Here is a selection of the PDs finest (meat), would you agree boys?