Gamma Entertainment: We highly suggest switching your payout method to wire or check

Bad news for European affiliates.

[SIZE=12px][SIZE=16px][SIZE=16px]Dear valued affiliates,[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Following recent banking events in Europe it is not presently possible to process payments via Paxum and we don’t have a clear idea of when that may resume.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px][SIZE=16px]We understand the impact this may have on some of you and we are working to find a solution. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px][SIZE=16px]In the meantime we highly suggest switching your payout method to wire or check, which will be processed immediately, please contact us for that change.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Gamma remains committed to paying its affiliates as always and we apologize for the interruption. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px][SIZE=16px]We remain dedicated to helping you get your payment as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience as we search for other solutions.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Please contact [email protected] for assistance[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Thank You![/SIZE][/SIZE]

This is very bad news.

wires may not work either. If the US bank uses Standard Chartered as a corresponding bank, who now refuse to be the intermediary bank for any international wire either to or from a company they identify as ‘adult’

Isnt this in response to the Paxum issue related to Wirecard though rather than Standard Chartered?

I spoke to the accountant of another big company yesterday. She confirmed that removing Paxum as an option was related to their problems with Wirecard bank, as well as the continuous change of their bank accounts. Unfortunately, many companies have to find an alternative because wire transfers are too expensive, and checks are an extraordinary exotic outside the states.

Hopefully they get that fixed. I spoke to Paxum and the issue is with some companies in Europe. We are unaffected and can fund and send Paxum with no issues.

Here’s what they answered on XBIZ:

[INDENT]Originally Posted By Gamma-Joel

James, here’s what happened :
Paxum were using WireCard as a bank.
When WireCard crashed, Paxum had to switch to another bank, and they used one in the country of Dominica.
When we tried to fund our Paxum account through their new bank, our canadian bank didn’t have the country of Dominica as a country they could pay.
So we have to switch bank, which we are in process of doing right now.
[/INDENT]

I just got a notice today from Paxum saying Gamma had sent me a payment, so I’m not sure what is going on now.

I changed payout method from Paxum to Wire after I got their e-mail, but I have just received a Paxum payment from Gamma as well. Looks like they have found a way to pay via Paxum after all.

I also changed my payment to wire but not heard back from them as the change has to be validated. however no paxum payment for me yet. I emailed the rep as well but no response.

I got my Paxum payment yesterday too.

For what it’s worth, we’ve always been Wire with Gamma and it has never been an issue - they pay like clockwork.