Forum page width

Just a suggestion…

Is there a way to limit the width of GayDemon.biz. I’m on a 24" monitor and I find myself having to resize my IE window when reading posts with more than a few lines because I lose track of which line I am on. If you automatically limit the page width in Vbulletin it would make GD.biz a lot easier to read.

Re: Forum page width

Just re-size IE browser window. OOPS!

I do resize it for GD. But I like to keep it maximized for everything else.

I know. i saw that while I was replying. It’s fluid with which does look tough on a 24 inch when maximized. I actually have a lot of problems reading fluid width for many sites when the text blocks are small.

This just shows how screens are expanding in the wrong direction. It’s fine for videos but most of the web is about text and a tall narrow shape is right for that.

Ok, i think ive sorted out something for you who like it to be a bit slimmer and not so wide.

If you look at the top right corner (to the right of the logo) you will see 2 options now.

Clicking on:

Wide
Flexible width, the forum changes size depending on your screen size / browser width.

Slim
The forum switches to fixed width of 940px wide.

Hope that helps, and let me know if it doesnt work properly. Also let me know if 940px is too wide!

[quote=gaydemon;15738]Ok, i think ive sorted out something for you who like it to be a bit slimmer and not so wide.

If you look at the top right corner (to the right of the logo) you will see 2 options now.

Clicking on:

Wide
Flexible width, the forum changes size depending on your screen size / browser width.

Slim
The forum switches to fixed width of 940px wide.

Hope that helps, and let me know if it doesnt work properly. Also let me know if 940px is too wide![/quote]

Shows up on my IE7 but not on my firefox 2.0.16. Scratched my head for ages before thinking to try IE. talk about a blond moment :bang:

Very cool Bjorn! How convenient!

Works in Opera :slight_smile:

Works in Firefox and it makes the board much more readable.

Thanks
Michael

You guys have sharp eyes! I’m on a 21" only, but either way, I go for the largest display I can get on the new firefox. Less words per line and larger fonts - am I showing my age now? :smiley:

lol your not the only one im sure! Besides, a lot of people here and in the industry isnt exactly youngsters! :wink:

And we’ve all destroyed our eyes by staring at monitors for 20 hours a day, 7 days a week! lol

lol tell me about it! How true!

Not to mention all the wanking whistle

lern 2 reed beter