Flowplayer - User Problems

I’ve now updated two sites recently and started to use Flowplayer on both. I’ve tested it on lots of different platforms and it works fine. But each site I updated has had a few users email me saying that the videos no longer plays, that they only get a black screen. The same users could watch the videos in the old Flash player. Problem is I can’t replicate it.

I’m suspecting that it’s either a security setting in their browser blocking javascripts or maybe antivirus. Have anyone figured out why some users simple can’t watch videos in Flowplayer but they can see normal flash players?

Re: Flowplayer - User Problems

[QUOTE=gaydemon;125372]I’ve now updated two sites recently and started to use Flowplayer on both. I’ve tested it on lots of different platforms and it works fine. But each site I updated has had a few users email me saying that the videos no longer plays, that they only get a black screen. The same users could watch the videos in the old Flash player. Problem is I can’t replicate it.

I’m suspecting that it’s either a security setting in their browser blocking javascripts or maybe antivirus. Have anyone figured out why some users simple can’t watch videos in Flowplayer but they can see normal flash players?[/QUOTE]

Ask them which browser they are using. It could be related to the HTML5 video. Firefox does not support mpeg4 in HTML5 video.

It’s not the HTML5 video player, it’s Flowplayer 4. HTML5 is so badly supported that I won’t touch it.

Is gzip or deflate turned on for swf binary files? And some browsers don’t like chunked transfer encoding.

I know it’s a long shot Bjorn, but flowplayer generally won’t work in IE6. Have you asked what browser? (stupid question, I’m sure you have) But all I can think of.

Good point, but no, they have been using up to date browsers.

There’s an ongoing issue I don’t know if it’s related to what you are dealing with:
https://github.com/flowplayer/flash/issues/3

[QUOTE=gumdrop;125431]There’s an ongoing issue I don’t know if it’s related to what you are dealing with:
https://github.com/flowplayer/flash/issues/3[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting, might have something to do with it. Thanks!