Experimenting with new sponsors

This is a question mainly for free site makers or bloggers… but anyone else that has an answer, of course please feel free… :slight_smile:

I am thinking about experimenting with some new sponsors to see how they work out. How do you choose one that you think is a good earner and what should you avoid?

Re: Experimenting with new sponsors

why avoid anything that is legal and that you feel you can market? i used to not like the look of hirsute people, but in the long run i went for bears and hairy pussies and made very good money with both. not only that, but i got a lot more comfortable with hairier people.

of course, if there are niches that interest you, that can be a big plus.

i suggest you check here, google and maybe a couple other boards to make sure the sponsors pay. getting paid is a good thing :wink:

Thanks, good advice. I have promoted some things before that I really have not been into and found they are good sellers, so I guess it really does help to be open minded about it.

I look for sponsors who aren’t over promoted and have some decent content.

I wouldn’t bother building freesites for Randy Blue because everyone is, and yes, they have a good PPS, but it’s not going to matter if you’re getting 1:3000.

A good tactic is to pick sponsors who perhaps don’t pay as much because the masses won’t be promoting them. I’d rather make $8.95 on a sale and sell 20 memberships than sell 1 or 2 $30 PPS.

And try some sponsors outside your comfort zone. I’m not a fan of younger guys, but I do very well with a couple of sponsors in this niche. It’s a good way to learn and make some money.

Michael

Good point about the ratios and payouts.

Do you find new, smaller sites come into the market often?

I look for reccomendations from people I trust. Although Im so sick of sposnors who dont convert, Im at the point now of sticking to the ones I have good history with. That said if someone starts a site, and I can see they know what their doing, Ill give it a go. Also if someone I trust says “give so and so a try”, Ill usually do it. Im really sick of big massive sponsors who care about the $$'s but not the niche or sites they make.

all the time, but some have such dismal tours that they really don’t sell where the rest sell like mad.

[quote=gaydemon_jr;17044]Good point about the ratios and payouts.

Do you find new, smaller sites come into the market often?[/quote]

btw, some sites convert just great for some and awful for others. i won’t bore you all with examples of that (i have lots) but it’s always worth giving a site a shot.

Shame, with a good tour and a bit of putting the word about with affiliates (such as announcing on this board) a lot more would probably succeed.

I’d say that some of bigger sponsors aren’t very profitable for affiliates on the basis that they are well known enough for surfers to go direct to them. Would I be right in assuming that?

Well this is it… Ive been doing great with Broke Straight Boys for a very long time. Last couple of periods have been lower, but then Im lower across the board. Broke Straight Boys is probably the most sold Straight Boy site out there, yet I can still usually sell it and get a great ratio on it. So I wouldnt assume that well sold = poor ratios when I get better than 1:100 with them, usually 1:70 or better.

Im told Frat Men is very well sold with bloggers and freesite builders, but again I do well with Frat Men.

Maybe it depends on the site? Frat Mens content is golden and the guys are in a league of their own so I dont see that stopping selling but thats because Jasun works so hard. Top Bucks on the other hand is dead for me.

[QUOTE=gaydemon_jr;17044]Good point about the ratios and payouts.

Do you find new, smaller sites come into the market often?[/QUOTE]

Sure. Hunk Money seems to be pumping another one out every couple of months. I just got a couple of e-mails about two other new smaller ones last week. So they’re definitely out there. The problem with smaller sites is that they don’t always have tons of content to give away.

It’s also a good idea to sign up for the AVN and XBiz mailers. Every day they send out the news of the day, and you’ll often find announcements there. Not everything hits the boards.

Michael

Thanks. Will do.

Sure there is some of that; Fratmen, Randy Blue, and Corbin Fisher are so well known that people can just type them in. But people still don’t know how to use the Web. I’m sure Fratmen has tons of surfers typing in www.fratmen.com into Google. People just don’t seem to understand they can type the address into the address bar, they think they have to use Google to find sites.

But also, I think surfers reach burn out on popular sites. So many wm’s are promoting those sites that surfers must think, “Oh geez, not him again.” They may have seen the same guy four times this week on the TGPs, and I think in some respects some surfers begin to think “this site never has anything new.”

Michael