Everything You Need to Know About Manplay.com

Hello all,

Thanks for the warm welcome back to the board last week!

I wanted to put up a post about the manplay.com kind of encompassing everything you need to know about the site.

http://affiliate.sexsearch.com/?ref=59932 use this link to sign up for manplay.com’s affiliate program.

We do fully customized creatives tailored for your sites. So let me know if you need something.

We run off the sexsearch.com affiliate platform. At the moment no gay content is available there, but I have stock creatives and custom as noted.

The linking convention is:

http://tour.manplay.com/gayhardcoresex/REFCODEHERE/KEYWORDHERE/
http://tour.manplay.com/gaypersonals/REFCODEHERE/KEYWORDHERE/
http://tour.manplay.com/freegaypersonals/REFCODEHERE/KEYWORDHERE/

About Manplay.com: Manplay is powered by the sexsearch.com platform. Sexsearch while always having a gay members section we felt we needed a strong gay brand to appeal directly to the gay market. We have 10’s millions of customers and strong retention strategies to improve the stickiness of each customer relationship. Our suite of sites include orgasm.com, passionsearch.com & xxxmatch.com.

Manplay.com is a destination for gay men for hookups, chat, dating and lots of bonus hot VOD content.

Beyond affiliate recruitment, I’m also accountable for media buys on behalf of Manplay. So if you have ad inventory for sale let me know via PM or my contact info in my sig.

Cheers

Re: Everything You Need to Know About Manplay.com

Very interesting site but personally I won’t register with a dating site unless I can search to see if there are members in my area first. Also, the dude talking on your home page could be a big turn off for people accessing the site at work.

Yeah I got to agree, the talking dude is a bit cheesy. Very American. Will give the site a go though, but normally dating just doesn’t sell for me.

i’m american and i don’t like the talking guy. he voice has a mix of cheesy radio announcer and sort of a clinical sound, and he’s not going to be a plus for guys surfing at work or at home late at night who doesn’t want to wake up a wife or boyfriend or roommate. those guys are going to be frantically hitting back the second the voice comes on.

I third the ‘talking guy’ opinion. That kind of thing cannot be good for business from potential members trying to be discreet. And there are many of those out there.

Also, it would have been a good idea to create some gay content for promotion before announcing your program. What are you going to do if you get hit with 30 new affiliates looking for custom promo tools? The last 10 people to put in orders will be waiting for a long time for their tools and will probably forget all about you. It happens all the time.

Thanks for the feedback guys.It’s important for the site’s development and growth.The Sexsearch network for years has had many gay members. So Manplay.com is or foray into the gay market. We have over 35 Million members on the network and a big chunk are gay profiles. We have had early successes with major affiliates Rentboy and Adam4Adam so we know we convert well.

In addition I was hired to bring a gay marketing perspective to Manplay having been in the biz for a number of years now. Plus as a gay dude I know what I do and don’t like about the hookup sites i’ve used in the past.

Cheers,

[QUOTE=RDude;84817]I third the ‘talking guy’ opinion. That kind of thing cannot be good for business from potential members trying to be discreet. And there are many of those out there.

Also, it would have been a good idea to create some gay content for promotion before announcing your program. What are you going to do if you get hit with 30 new affiliates looking for custom promo tools? The last 10 people to put in orders will be waiting for a long time for their tools and will probably forget all about you. It happens all the time.[/QUOTE]

We have some standard creative for manplay.com. However the stock creative will be refreshed in the new year. But custom art work is something we can do now but as a service into the future. Some affiliates I deal with like self serve, some like custom. working on it!

Thanks,

Here’s a little more you need to know…we own the trademark to MANPLAY!

Word Mark MANPLAY
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Prerecorded DVDs, CD ROMs, video tapes, motion picture films, audio cassettes, featuring original romantic and sexual fictional works. FIRST USE: 20011026. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20011026

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment in the nature of providing a website featuring adult male sexual and romantic content. FIRST USE: 20011026. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20011026

Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78466442
Filing Date August 12, 2004
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition December 13, 2005
Registration Number 3065243
Registration Date March 7, 2006
Owner (REGISTRANT) Io Group, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 69 Converse Street San Francisco CALIFORNIA 94103
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Also, did you mention to everyone how you guys use “online emissaries” to trick people into joining your site? Their TOS allows them to take your profile and images and impersonate you to other users. They send users an email pretending to be you and using your profile and images saying you “want to meet them”. But the only way to actually respond is to join and pay a membership. So, you join thinking some hot guy wants to meet you, when it was actually the company impersonating that hot guy and using his profile and images.

http://www.manplay.com/go/termsandconditionsofuse

1. Online Emissary™ Feature. manplay.com may, at its discretion, cause or allow You to be contacted by one or more Online Emissaries as a part of manplay.com’s Online Emissary™ feature.

14.3 An Online Emissary™ may be a current or past manplay.com Member, an independent contractor, a digital creation, You or a digital representation of You.

14.7 You also hereby expressly authorize all data in Your profile and all other data regarding Your use of manplay.com to be used in and in association with Research’s™ Online Emissary™ Features, including, for example, to provide introductions to other manplay.com Members, introductions to other real and factious persons, including those in other dating services. To assist manplay.com in the formulation and transmission of communications to You, and to enable manplay.com or a third party in the creation and use of one or more Online Emissaries based on, acting as, or representing, You.

LOL!

So can we expect another TitanMen lawsuit here?

It never ends I guess. Why can’t some people come up with their own ideas and in legitimate ways? I really don’t get it.

I will not get into a legal brawl on an webmaster board. Nor will I comment on private dealings between two companies. Needless to say our legal team suggests that there should be no impediment in carrying on doing business as we have been doing. We have been in the internet dating business for many years, we are well respected by our members and the industry.

Thanks,

Please explain to me, and all of us, why you believe it is ethical to impersonate a user to to try and get others to join your site? It may be legal because you bury it in your Terms of Use, but the bigger question is…is it ethical?

Please, correct me if I am wrong. You are impersonating members to try and get other people to join your site? Is that an accurate and correct statement? You haven’t denied you are doing this. You’ve simply said your legal team says its okay to do it. I’m trying to get to the truth so that everyone can make informed decision about the type of business and practices they want to be associated with.

Its real simple…are you impersonating users to try and get people to join your site?

Wow, I was searching for info on Manplay.com if they were any good to promote and I come accross this thread …

I already thought the Manplay logo was very similar to the Titan Men logo

@Bjorn, did you give them a try? if so, what is your experience?

[QUOTE=Closer;88839]Wow, I was searching for info on Manplay.com if they were any good to promote and I come accross this thread …

I already thought the Manplay logo was very similar to the Titan Men logo

@Bjorn, did you give them a try? if so, what is your experience?[/QUOTE]

The two logos are almost exactly alike. Strange.

How did I miss this the last time around?

Anyway, whether it is ethical or not to use this tactic is a personal opinion isn’t it?
Personally I think it’s wrong, but others might not. It’s not against the law.

In fact, there are plenty of other adult dating sites which use exactly the same methods.

I think ManPlay and Titan should be more concerned with the use of a trademark. Let other people decide if their terms of use are objectionable or not.

[QUOTE=conran;88890]How did I miss this the last time around?

Anyway, whether it is ethical or not to use this tactic is a personal opinion isn’t it?
Personally I think it’s wrong, but others might not. It’s not against the law.

In fact, there are plenty of other adult dating sites which use exactly the same methods.

I think ManPlay and Titan should be more concerned with the use of a trademark. Let other people decide if their terms of use are objectionable or not.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say if it’s lawful or not. Match.com is getting sued over something similar.
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/headlines/20110106-match.com-faces-lawsuit-over-fake-inactive-profiles-company-denies-accusations.ece

Will be interesting to see how that turns out.

[QUOTE=aniehoff;84831]LOL!

So can we expect another TitanMen lawsuit here?[/QUOTE]

Here you go…

Manplay.com Targeted in Titan Trademark Suit

http://www.xbiz.com/news/133174

This is the understatement of the decade -

“Titan Media, whose parent company is Io Group, also goes on to say that SexSearch’s Manplay logo appears too similar to its own corporate identity.”

Nothing like a bit of good drama to salt these pages here…especially threads from the dead.