editing comments

Sort of silly question, but where do you draw the line in editing comments?

I just got this under for a wrestling post, and I have to decide to approve it:
“you all muscle men wrestlers all are bunch of big baby,s”

I figure approve and leave it, but then I’m thinking that’s not a positive thing, and it’s only my second surfer comment on the whole blog. IF there were already a few comments (especially positive, I’d leave it. What would you do? Where do you draw the line with negative comments?

Re: editing comments

I’d leave it, as it isn’t that bad, plus it can entice comments from other readers, which is the whole idea of having comments open. To generate interest and spark activity.

Once you’ve decided to have comments, censoring them can become problematic. As long as it isn’t hate, racist, or spam, I’d let it be.

my 2 cents

yeah, I thought I should just leave it but wasn’t sure. thanks, Ian.

i would leave it too. Negative or strong comments for or against something are the best type of comments. Those are the ones likly to create a response from other surfers. Us Queer’s are such drama queens after all. :wink:

The only ones I delete are hateful / homofobic or the ones that contain contact details like phone numbers.

hmm, maybe that’s the way to find my man. HA! :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes i thought about this.

Do any of you ever log out as admin and comment to comments on your own blog? I have done this a few times wanting to be anonymous and I figure it adds to content that can be picked up by search engines.

Yeah, I’d leave it; it could cause a shit storm of replies, which is what you want.

I edit comments and fix spelling mistakes or if someone includes a phone number or e-mail address, wanting the model to reply. Other than that, I leave them alone unless, as others have said, they’re really hateful.