Easiest Way To Exchange Links?

Hello, I’ve got several blogs, and I’m looking for new blogroll trades. What’s the easiest way to do it?
I surf, searching for new blogs, then try to find author’s email or contact form (most of blogs don’t have it ). Then I leave a comment, saying I’d like to trade, enter captcha, without any confidence that he will read it or answer. A bit too complicated way for me.
I’ve posted a thread, that I’d like to exchange links here, on this forum, got 600+ views and no replies :sad:

Is there any easier way to exchange links? How do you do it? Any advice may be?

Re: Easiest Way To Exchange Links?

I’m not sure it’s worth doing normal link exchanges any more. A few years back that’s all you had to do to get traffic from Google but things have changed. Normal link exchanges are not very effective and might not make any difference to your site, it might even have a negative impact on your rankings.

You might be better off at submitting your site or blog posts to different directories and get traffic (visitors), or look for traffic trades where you get clicks rather than links.

It’s also important to use social media and social bookmarking, let your visitors spread the word. Those type of links are worth a lot more than any link exchange.

Re: Easiest Way To Exchange Links?

I think you’re going to find this pretty tough going and here’s why.

Long ago we began to learn that reciprocal links from one blog to another were devalued in the eyes of Google. So lots of webmasters just stopped doing them.

Next, there’s the problem of linking to “bad neighbourhoods,” those sites that are doing bad things in the eyes of Google. I can be held accountable for things that another webmaster is doing on his site because my reciprocal link is a positive vote for that site.

Next, people want traffic and new sites don’t typically send a lot of traffic back.

I stopped doing any kind of link exchanges on my blogs. They just don’t seem to be worth it, there are too many risks, and they constantly have to be monitored for changes in the site. People very rarely emailing you and say “Hey, remove my link, I’m pulling my blog down.”

Look at this thread a whole network of directories and link lists are gone overnight.

If you’d like to get more traffic to your blogs, a better way is to put up buttons on your posts to: Gay Demon Wired, Male Sharing, Dude Dump, Men Are Hot, and Nexus and then submit your blog posts to those link lists. That will be much more productive the you and I swapping reciprocal links.

If you’d like help getting your posts listed on Gay Demon’s Wired, PM me and I can help you out, but it’s pretty straight forward:

• make an image that is 360x360
  • put a Gay Demon Wired button on your post page (not your main blog’s sidebar, but the individual post page)
  • then submit your post here: http://www.gaydemon.com/wired/ look for the Submit a Post link on the right sidebar at the top