does ccbill charge a fee for returned checks?

i’m thinking about offering a tour with checks as well as cc join options for affiliates who are interested. does anyone know whether ccbill charges a fee for returned checks? hopefully not - to make that work, we’d certainly need a processor who doesn’t charge a fee for that.

Re: does ccbill charge a fee for returned checks?

I’d ask my CCBill rep for you, but I’m out of the mood.

Why don’t you ask yours?

Is that for a separate tour that includes a cheque option? Curious as to why would you make a separate tour that includes other payment options, if that is what you are referring to.

Hey it’s a blond thing lol

i mean a tour with join pages linking to credit cards AND checks. i don’t offer checks on the current tour because of the high return rate, but some affiliates (and i) might like to try and accept the 40% to 50% of good checks even if there are a lot of cancels.

Don’t quote me because I’m not totally certain, but I don’t think there’s a fee for returned checks. I know they don’t charge for chargebacks, so it would seem unlikely they’d charge for checks.

There are companies who buy chargebacks and then try to collect on them. That might be worth looking into if you can get some of the money at least.

i don’t recall they do, either.

i’ve heard of people doing that for credit cards, but never for checks. not sure why…

I asked the ccbill support and they said me they don’t charge any fee for returned checks but the bounce rate is quite high

God, I hope not! Lol. So few checks are actually good. It would suck balls if they charged for returns.

I think Luke recently tested out accepting checks and came back with an end of the month report saying it just wasn’t worth doing.

luke tried what was supposed to be a better check option who claimed a higher successful rate of checks accepted. unfortunately it was the same old return rate. that being the case, it’s easier just to use ccbill.

Do you remember which one he tried? As far as I know, CCBill actually (at least as of a year or two ago) uses WTS to clear their checks, so I wouldn’t expect there to be any difference in acceptance rates between CCBill and WTS, if that’s who he tried.

Electracash has been after us to try them for ages, and claims to have some sort of extra verification that at least verifies that the person is real (does a SSN check or something) But there’s some funkiness between Electracash and NATS (what a surprise) so we’ve sorta put that on hold.