does anyone use the thumbs sponsors send?

a lot of sponsors send thumbs with their promo pic sets. i’ve never used them as they never or rarely are the size/dimensions i need, but back in the 90’s i knew a couple webmasters who did use them. i was wondering if there was still a benefit to including thumbs in the pic sets, and if anyone used them. does anyone here use 'em?

Re: does anyone use the thumbs sponsors send?

I use the same size thumbnails on every property that I own. I make thumbnails once for a picture set and I never have to make them again. I’ve never had a sponsor send me the “right” size thumb, so I just throw them away.

For this same reason, I don’t even make thumbnails on the Butch Dixon content I sent out.

Michael

Nope, never use them. As Michael said, rarely are they the size I need, or want for my sites. :bang:

We have them in our nats admin so webmasters can view the model in the set, but very rarely do I see webmasters use our hosted thumbs.

I’m pretty particular about my thumb sizes. After all, a lot of times it depends on the design of the page you’re putting them on. Photoshop has some great options for creating pretty good ones anyway and I don’t mind doing it. I like the way that TGPX creates them too when it’s done right. So between those two options I get some nice looking thumbnail pics.

As an affiliate manager, I used to put them out, but affiliates said they hardly used them so I ceased sending them.

Even with our pure FLV templates. If you notice I will always have links to full size photos from a thumb, so programs like TGPX can grab a thumb for a webmaster to create their own.

i’m talking about thumbs for every pic in a set. eek!