Does a FULL FREE tour hurt sales and just drive up bandwidth?

Wanted to know your thoughts.

We’ve considered doing some testing with more of a closed tour, once we migrate over the NATS. Basically, only allowing the most recent update (or a few) for the general population to access without forcing them to join.

Obviously for those affiliates who promote us, they will still have all the webmasters promo on their site where the possible member could see the preview etc…

Thoughts?

Re: Does a FULL FREE tour hurt sales and just drive up bandwidth?

I really don’t know. There’s pro’s and con’s with both. If you have a wealth of content then a transparent free tour is great (with free I mean that people can see everything but not actually watch the full clips or images). While if your content is attractive enough which it is in your case a more closed tour might “force” people to signup because they really want to see more.

Only one way to find out though…

Instead of doing that, why don’t you just limit the number of free previews a surfer can watch, like give them five.

There are a number of reasons to do this:

(1) having all those old pages kicking around are good for SEO and will certainly pick up searches for the guys,
(2) not everyone is going to love your latest release, having old ones around will be useful to show surfers the guys who have appeared and how often,
(3) if any webmaster has deep linked to a particular scene, they’ll be left without a page

I definitely think a tour should show all the models on the site. You never know which model will be the guy who turns on the switch in a prospective customer that makes them pull out the credit card to join, so you should always show off all your guys. You don’t need to have video clips for each but should at least have some high quality pics. But in the case of GH, as I recall you only started shooting high quality pics within the last year or two so with some of your earlier webcam models video clips might be needed.

On another topic, I was wondering if you could tell us how you’re doing that effect on your main tour page with the moving video clip in the header. Is this a Wordpress theme or how are you doing that? I’m starting to see that effect on some sites and its kind of cool.

I second this option if you must limit…

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;167619]Instead of doing that, why don’t you just limit the number of free previews a surfer can watch, like give them five.

There are a number of reasons to do this:

(1) having all those old pages kicking around are good for SEO and will certainly pick up searches for the guys,
(2) not everyone is going to love your latest release, having old ones around will be useful to show surfers the guys who have appeared and how often,
(3) if any webmaster has deep linked to a particular scene, they’ll be left without a page[/QUOTE]

Thank you for everyone’s feedback.