Do you have this Helix problem?

I’m hoping someone can help me diagnose this problem.

When I go to the HelixStudios.com tour (Chrome or Firefox) almost all of the tour images don’t show.

Here’s the details so far:

• I’m running Windows 10, fully updated with most recent updates.
  • My Chrome cache has been cleared and images are allowed under the security settings.
  • Bjorn at GayDemon has tested it and he doesn’t have the issue.
  • Helix also doesn’t have the issue.

A couple of other details. I download and schedule all affiliate content for GayDemon, so I’m in and out of over 150 sites a week and don’t have this issue with anyone else.

When I mouse over a video image on the Helix tour page, a sliver or image appears at the top of what would be the small sized video player and I can see the preview video playing in that sliver.

I have the same issue on my phone and when affiliate mailers arrive in my Thunderbird inbox, images don’t show there even though I click the “show images” button.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Michael

Try with a VPN. Once you have this problem even with your phone, it is very likely that your IP address is blocked by a CDN provider.

Thanks!

What’s a CDN provider and why would they block my IP address?

CDN is a cloud service. It literally means a Content Delivery Network. Used to shorten the path from the server to the end-user. I have no idea what they use, but sometimes firewalls block ordinary visitors. There may have been too many requests at once or something similar. Just check if you see the site normally through VPN and if so, probably only Helix technical support can help.

Also check your ad-block preferences. There are a lot of settings for privacy in chrome that can interfere with cross-site cookies and other things that happen with CDN/s.

I visited Helix Studios while I was at a friend’s house and used his WIFI. I was able to see the site completely with images, but on my phone at home using my WIFI, I get blocked images. So it seems to be what you say, my IP address is blocked for some reason.

Thanks for helping sort this out, now I’ll see if Helix can get me unblocked.

1 Like

You might have something in your network settings that is blocking a specific address set
Also if you are running any security software that may be impacting it

I have found that when I use Private Internet Access VPN certain places are blocked as the VPN IP address im accessing as are marked as hostile - google search for example…

On a *nix or OSX system we have a file called /etc/hosts that can also filter specific adresses maybe your windows machine has something similar

I actually seen 1-2 broken images on their homepage myself just now, so maybe unrelated as it seems your seeing none… I was actually writing an email to them before I happened on this thread… I have notified them of the broken images I found and pointed them to this thread to take a look at, just incase other surfers are seeing the same.