Designing for Mobiles / Iphone

Has anyone found a good resource or information about designing for mobile and Iphones?

Something not too complicated, so far all the books I’ve found goes on to explain in great detail why all phones are different but very little about how to actually design for them.

Dreamweaver provides some mobile phone test pages but not much help.

Any suggestions?

Re: Designing for Mobiles / Iphone

Have you looked at Adobe web site? They seem to have lots of articles about how their products can work on mobile phones. Search Page Results[U][B] or this one at W3C Schools

[/B][/U]Might give you some starting points.

You can send a nude pic to my iPhone, and I’ll let ya know!

Damn I wish I had thought of that :bang: whistle

iPhones will display almost any website well… as long as it doesn’t have embedded Flash or Windows Media… Quicktime looks might fine though.

All of my Mac OSX applications have an export profile for iPod / iPhone.

Isn’t it just 320x240?

Browsers are available that can reformat a web page. Opera does it very effectively indeed and I think there is even a mobile version of it. I admit I’m not too up to date on modern phones, but is there much point designing separate pages when these browsers are available and when the speed issues are far less now too?

GayDemon in Opera, set to small screen:

opera.jpg

I haven’t checked but I’ve never seen a web site get squished like that when surfing on my iPhone.

Opera reformats the page layout, resizing images. It’s actually very cool.