Conversion rates

Can anyone give me an idea of what average conversion rate I should be expecting for my paysite?

At the moment we’re getting 1 sign-up for every 1000 visitors…

Re: Conversion rates

A lot depends on the traffic and the site. We have sites like Broke Straight Boys that convert at 1:100 and on the other end we have a site that converts at 1:1000

When I was an affiliate most of my sites converted at 1:400ish that I marketed.

If you are at 1:1000 I would look at ways to make that better.

Thanks Abostonboy…any suggestions on how we can improve?!

www.menofcolour.com

There are many ways. The first would be to show some face pics.

Just looking at all the CCBill sites I promote, last year I did 1:260, this year so far a little worse (but still not bad) 1:332.

Kind of like what Lloyd said, some sites convert munch better and worse than these numbers.

As for your site, when I first hit your front page I felt as if I was slapped in the face with you wanting my money. OK maybe that’s exaggerated a bit, but there is no reason you should have your pricing on your splash page. I wouldn’t even have it on your tour pages unless you’re offering a special trial or something.

Don’t make money the very first thing the visitor thinks about when he hits your site. You want to get him horned up a bit before asking him to get out his wallet.

Also one other small thing I noticed was your “Password Problem?” link. It may be just me, but that puts a negative thought in my head. Makes me think I should expect problems if I join your site. Change the wording to something not so negative like “support”, “help”, “service”…

A lot of what Seth said I would agree with in regards to pricing on the front page, and the face pics as mentioned by abostonboy would also seem a good idea.

I would also consider a more progressive tour option, so users are guided through different aspects of your site and some of your better content, and then lead them to the join page… ie they have to join if they want to see more. The current preview doesn’t naturally take you to the join page - instead you have to click join yourself.

if you take http://www.brokestraightboys.com as an example… if you’re not convinced you want instant access right away you can browse through a few more pages containing some of the best content by selecting ‘more straight boys’ - after you’ve done that a few times when its clicked again you’ll be taken to the join page, which presses home the benefits, bonuses etc - and hopefully by that point the tour would of given the user something they may want to see more of.

Sites such as http://www.alphamalefuckers.com do similar… 4 or 5 pages with ‘continue the tour’ then at some point you reach an end point where surfers have to subscribe if they want to see more.

design is very important, your design looks like an amateur designer (possibly you) did it up in a matter of minutes, which portrays your site as poor quality. Getting a professional to do design work goes a long way.

…but didn’t we go through this once already with your site? maybe here or on one of the other 2 gay forums?

[QUOTE=Men Of Colour;50499]Can anyone give me an idea of what average conversion rate I should be expecting for my paysite?

At the moment we’re getting 1 sign-up for every 1000 visitors…[/QUOTE]

If that is all your own traffic conversion, it’s below average, if it’s 1:1000 from combined traffic (your own and affiliates) it’s average.

Keep in mind that when we get traffic from more and more affiliates the conversion rate will drop, but the number of conversion in total should get higher since the number of visitors also increases.

[QUOTE=abostonboy;50500]A lot depends on the traffic and the site. We have sites like Broke Straight Boys that convert at 1:100 and on the other end we have a site that converts at 1:1000

When I was an affiliate most of my sites converted at 1:400ish that I marketed.

If you are at 1:1000 I would look at ways to make that better.[/QUOTE]

With all my sponsors overall i average 1:425
This has been during the economy downturn...
Before the slowdown i averaged 1:245