Clipshare is rubbish..

I wanted to try out Clip-share.com as a way of easily creating Flash videos for my blogs. However my experiance with Clip Share is easily summed up - RUBBISH.

I managed to install it myself, but had to get server support to install all kinds of packages. The script itself says everything is ok, it says all neccessary components are installed.

Still doesnt work.

Ive been on to their support and paid for installation of the script… and they have no idea whats wrong.

Instead they are asking me to provide them with “root” access to my server. Which as far as I know, no one in their right mind gives out. Or am I wrong?

Anyway, anyone got any experiance at all with this?

So far utter rubbish, the worst support I’ve ever encountered and a script that doesnt work! Their forum is full of posts by people asking for help and no one seems to give out any real advice or solutions.

Re: Clipshare is rubbish…

should have added, are there any other major Tube scripts? It doesnt have to be extremly advanced. I just want to be able to upload Videos which are converted into Flash clips, which are presented a bit like YouTube with a code you can grab to show it on other sites.

Giving out root is risky, it all depends on how much you trust the tech going in. You can always change the password afterwards and look at the history file to see what they did, but if they are really clever, they can install backdoors and hide their tracks.

Nonetheless, I can see why there would be a lot of dependencies for a script that transcodes videos, and it might be one of those things that, short of a high end package like Macromedia Streaming Server, requires a lot of tweaking to get it to work.

In this case, with a company that doesn’t tell you where they’re located and even has their domain ownership records obscured, I’d agree with you that giving root is probably unwise.

yeah. clip-share is total shit. I took 1 look at it and charged back haha

this one seems promising. plan on buying this weekend
http://www.isoftscripts.com/adultwatch-adult-video-sharing-script.html

Might have found the reason to why it doesnt work. My server are 64bit systems and Clipshare will only work on 32bit systems. :bang:

vs share is great i know many tubes that use it and it is only 10 bux :slight_smile: a very simple reliable tube script, let me make sure that is the right name brb :slight_smile:

yea here you go http://www.buyscripts.in/youtube_clone.html a lot of smaller tubes use it and i know it works very well encodes fast and is very stable, I upload to a bunch of tubes and this seems to be one of the most consistent with few if ever any crashes :slight_smile:

My new webmaster partner is telling me about Flash exporting software in a day or two.

Stand by, for news!

Currently on Mac OSX, I use MPEG Stream Clip to make AVIs, and ffmpeg to make Flash… both free, from that open source spirit of design and development.

Clip Share definitely has it pros and cons. I have it installed on my upcoming tube site and have had no issues, yet.

There are some pretty big sites that run in btw, gaytube.com being the first one that comes to mind.

–Chubbs

bjorn, I discovered, much to my chagrin, that 64 bit Linux systems apparently have somewhat limited support as far as the binaries to run many common programs. Of course, all the basics are there but several times I went to install something that should have been no problem on a 32 bit Linux server and found that either the binaries were not up to date, had to be compiled, or didn’t exist at all.

When we moved to Natnet, we went back to 32bit and have been happy ever since :slight_smile:

Yes seems like it, just surprising really. The stupid thing is that there was no way of knowing what actually made it not to work. Everything seems fine, no errors, nothing…

Anyway, so yes having to go to a 32bit system instead so I can at least try it out. From the look of it, apart from support (Clip Share support was so rude and extremly unhelpful) and config the script seems to be the only real option. Next step up would be a custom made one.

Its just unfortunate that clipshare has almost no manuals, instructions or anything at all.

[quote=gaybucks_chip;16182]bjorn, I discovered, much to my chagrin, that 64 bit Linux systems apparently have somewhat limited support as far as the binaries to run many common programs. Of course, all the basics are there but several times I went to install something that should have been no problem on a 32 bit Linux server and found that either the binaries were not up to date, had to be compiled, or didn’t exist at all.

When we moved to Natnet, we went back to 32bit and have been happy ever since :)[/quote]

[QUOTE=gaydemon;16221]Yes seems like it, just surprising really. The stupid thing is that there was no way of knowing what actually made it not to work. Everything seems fine, no errors, nothing…

Anyway, so yes having to go to a 32bit system instead so I can at least try it out. From the look of it, apart from support (Clip Share support was so rude and extremly unhelpful) and config the script seems to be the only real option. Next step up would be a custom made one.

Its just unfortunate that clipshare has almost no manuals, instructions or anything at all.[/QUOTE]

http://www.buyscripts.in/youtube_clone.html this one is widley used :slight_smile: and a lot of people do simple cusomization to it as well and it’s on some pretty big tube sites it’s real solid, don’t be fooled by the price :slight_smile:

Ask AndyMike what they use on RocketTube. Whatever the script is has a great UI for uploaders.