China Domain Registrar Issue

About a week ago I was contacted by a registrar in China (http://netchina.org/) informing me they have a client that wants to register a bunch of .cn domains using my main domain name. I have trademarked all my domains and that is why they stated they reached out to me. They asked if I have any relation to this client and I told them no I had no relationship with this client and did not authorize them to use my trademarked domain name.

About a week later they responded saying they have tried to dissuade this customer from purchasing the domain names but have been unable to do so. They are however offering me the possibility to purchase those domains first seeing as I am the registered trademark owner. So now here is my question.

Do you think this is a scam?

If not do you think it’s even worth bothering registering these .cn names to prevent the other party from obtaining them?

Thanks,
Kevin.

We got about ten of them in the last few days. Spam and scam.

1 Like

Yeah, you simply can’t keep up with that. Just make sure you own the most important domains like .com, .net etc. The rest just ignore.

Thanks guys!!

That’s what I thought… Just wanted to see what others had to think before coming to a final conclusion.

Kevin.