check out what ccbill has got in beta!

new stuff for affiliates - some of this looks pretty interesting :slight_smile:

Traffic Director allows CCBill WMS Affiliates to:

• Send traffic to a predefined list of sites, then track the overall conversions and adjust your traffic accordingly. You can use this to test different landing pages, banners, and many other things.
  • Find and add the best programs for your traffic
  • Route your traffic based on "triggers," which are methods of changing your traffic. Triggers can be used in multiple ways, such as to test which sites convert the best; send a predefined amount of traffic to an intended site(s); or to evenly route traffic to different destinations based on number of clicks (send 1000 clicks to site A, then send 1000 clicks to site B, then repeat). You can also send traffic to one destination till a certain criteria is met, such as "x" number of sales. Plus, you can qualify your Traffic based on a "Weight" and send a different % of traffic to multiple destinations, or a "Ratio" for Clicks-to-Sales with a configuration option for allowing a specific number of sales or clicks for an indefinite time period, and another for allowing a specific number of sales or clicks tracked over a specific time period.
  • Send a specific number of sales or clicks to a single site or program, then send the rest to another.
  • Route all traffic from certain countries to a particular program or site that can accept it; no more wasted traffic to sponsors who can't accept it.
  • Filter out traffic from countries that you can't convert.
  • Create a single link and manage all of the incoming traffic from within the admin. You can easily change destinations and triggers, including easy cleanup of "dead links" for inactive programs or sites.
  • Rotate traffic between WMS Programs and any URL
CCBill is currently accepting a limited number of Affiliates for the Traffic Director Beta Program. Please submit your Affiliate ID information in our "Volunteer" form to be considered for this service.

http://www.ccbill.com/beta/

Re: check out what ccbill has got in beta!

Sounds very good!!

But still confused about how the system will work and if people like me with large amounts of sponsor sites will end up having to use the old and new system…

I’m a little confused by when something like that would actually be used… Most of those features assume one of two things - that “the traffic” isn’t expecting something in particular, or that you’re going to show them something other than they were expecting. I get how it could be useful for 404 traffic, but who has all that much 404 traffic? (If you’ve got much 404 traffic you’ve got a site architecture problem). When else would you use Traffic Director? TGPs? But in that case aren’t you just facilitating the bait-and-switch practices that people hate about TGPs? When else would you use Traffic Director?

From what I can see with our limited use of the system so far, all of the sponsor and affiliate information between the two systems seems to be shared in a common database. The new WMS admin panel has access to all of the legacy data.

So i suspect by the time it launches in full that it will be pretty seamless.

I just wish they would have a way to warn you that you are already signed up for a sponsor when you attempt to do it for a second time!

its a very interesting idea, but I would be right pissed off if I was a surfer and I clicked on a siteX banner and I landed on siteY, not to mention that the affiliate would be illegally using that banner to promote a different site.

I guess if you were to use this type of program, you would have to buy your own content, make your own generic banners, etc… in order to avoid any copyright and terms of usage issues.

[QUOTE=HunkMoneyLuke;49663]its a very interesting idea, but I would be right pissed off if I was a surfer and I clicked on a siteX banner and I landed on siteY, not to mention that the affiliate would be illegally using that banner to promote a different site.

I guess if you were to use this type of program, you would have to buy your own content, make your own generic banners, etc… in order to avoid any copyright and terms of usage issues.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as a program owner that spends money to produce content, I would be VERY unhappy if one of our banners re-directed to another companies site.

Does anyone know if the new CCbill interface is java based?

That was sorta my point above… In the vast majority of cases when you click on a pic or a link or a banner you’re expecting to go somewhere in particular, and the sponsor expects that their promo material will be used to promote their site. CCBill’s system throws all of that out the window, so when exactly does one use it? And how many affiliates are really set up with their own generic banner ads?

The new interface is Ajax based.

Thanks Paul.
can you also address the other issue of tracking where what banners link to?
It it bothersome to think surfers will be sent to gods know where if they click on a banner from an affiliate using this new system.

Received a response back from CCBill about the banner linking issue raised here.

They say that affiliates can currently link any banner to any link so nothing is changing in the new system.

While this may be true, it seems wrong for a billing company to encourage this practice and make it even easier to do.