CCBill admin slow to load

Re: CCBill admin slow to load

I agree with what Mark said as well, I always cringe when I find out a site uses CCBill’s affiliate program and dread having to log-in to grab tools or linkcodes.

And now just this weekend, I tried to log-in to my affiliate account to grab some linking codes, and discovered that all of my data appears to be GONE. It seems like something happened when I switched from ‘Beta’ to ‘Classic’ mode (and the only reason I switched was to try something different as the Beta mode was CRAWLING and I couldn’t get anything to load). Now when I go to try to search for my programs or stats, I get 0 results. :grrr:

I’m not sure if this has to do with their data move or what, but just hope they can get it fixed…

Okay just to update on this, I did get my stats working, but had to use a different browser (they aren’t working on my Firefox for Mac but do work on Safari).

I’d be rather concerned if I were CCBill that things are breaking in Chrome since it’s the most standards compliant browser out there besides Safari. And it’s all cgi-based…which…I mean no one but them uses cgi in 2012 and most haven’t for years.

I'd be rather concerned if I were CCBill that things are breaking in Chrome since it's the most standards compliant browser out there besides Safari. And it's all cgi-based...which...I mean no one but them uses cgi in 2012 and most haven't for years. 

I’m on a Mac but…

I can only get it to work on Safari. Newest versions of FF and Chrome are either ‘not connecting’ or acting very buggy.

That’s a longer conversation, Mark - and not an overnight fix. After the big credit card hacking last month, I am a bit torn on this myself - I get the frustration with the timeouts - but that timeout is also there since there is consumer data accessible within our system.
So, protecting the stability of CCBill from the consumer standpoint isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Regardless, I have brought it up to our PCI team to address the timeout - I have to think that if the admin was faster, this may not be as big a deal?

[QUOTE=ccjax;115365]That’s a longer conversation, Mark - and not an overnight fix. After the big credit card hacking last month, I am a bit torn on this myself - I get the frustration with the timeouts - but that timeout is also there since there is consumer data accessible within our system.
So, protecting the stability of CCBill from the consumer standpoint isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Regardless, I have brought it up to our PCI team to address the timeout - I have to think that if the admin was faster, this may not be as big a deal?[/QUOTE]

It wouldn’t be such a big deal with the system was faster. I tried your mobile version which is really fast but I can’t lookup any customers there. It would be great to have a separate system to lookup customers. I think that is my biggest complaint. A very small and easy change would be to add usernames to the emails you send out where users aren’t able to login. It just gives subscription id in the email which once again we have to go lookup the customer in your system.

Thanks,
Mark

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate CCBill participating on this forum and answering the questions and comments. Like others I am not a big fan of the interface but its nice to know you guys are at least listening. As one of the biggest players in the biz it would be easy to just ignore the complaints… I mean, what are we gonna do? Its not like everyone will switch to Epoch or Zombaio. So I’ll be patient and look forward to your improvements. But as I understand it you’re only making changes to the backend that will help stats load faster, correct? I’m all for that but I would also appreciate an updated, more modern looking interface. That blue color scheme GUI seems really outdated to me.

[QUOTE=IntenseMark;115444]It wouldn’t be such a big deal with the system was faster. I tried your mobile version which is really fast but I can’t lookup any customers there. It would be great to have a separate system to lookup customers. I think that is my biggest complaint. A very small and easy change would be to add usernames to the emails you send out where users aren’t able to login. It just gives subscription id in the email which once again we have to go lookup the customer in your system.

Thanks,
Mark[/QUOTE]

I’ll see what I can do on that request, Mark. Seems like a simple solution.
Although, just a band-aid.

Thanks. We’re trying.

You are correct that we are working now to improve the function first and then we’ll focus on the pretty. :slight_smile:

Thank you Gary :slight_smile:

I’m not going through five pages of post, so maybe this is already covered (sorry if it was). Could you find another captcha program to use when signing up to promote a new CCBill site. I often have to refresh four or five times before I can read most of the letters. Perhaps you could just do something like: what is 8+1, enter in the box below, if you really have to use anything. Most captcha’s suck big hairy balls.

i agree with adding username to the ccbill customer support emails - it takes so long for us to log in, look up the subscription number - when if we had the username, can just go to our own database to resolve - i have mentioned this to support team in the past many times… no action yet though

today’s bug - the home page financials for merchants are being reported wrong - missing some recurring and rebills in summary - but see in details when click through

[QUOTE=spankmo;115592]i agree with adding username to the ccbill customer support emails - it takes so long for us to log in, look up the subscription number - when if we had the username, can just go to our own database to resolve - i have mentioned this to support team in the past many times… no action yet though

today’s bug - the home page financials for merchants are being reported wrong - missing some recurring and rebills in summary - but see in details when click through[/QUOTE]

UPDATE:

1. Usernames in Emails: Support will start adding usernames to the support emails. Manually for now, until we get the templates updated. Should help.

2. Quick Stats: Yep - Quick Stats is reflecting incorrect info (they were aware this morning and are working to fix it)
    Until it is fixed - the Transactions Report is showing correct stats. Go to Reports>Credit/Check Transactions

Okay - I guess as moderator, you can hijack the thread about the CCBill Admin… :slight_smile:

I can’t comment on the big hairy balls, but I will absolutely pass along the info on the CAPTCHA widget - they added that same widget to the Consumer Support page, and I agree - it is blurry.

Sorry, since it’s a part of CCBill’s administrative process – to sign up to promote new sites – I didn’t think I was hijacking.

thanks Gary!

[QUOTE=ccjax;115610]UPDATE:

1. Usernames in Emails: Support will start adding usernames to the support emails. Manually for now, until we get the templates updated. Should help.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to report this isn’t happening yet…

Gary, if you’re still checking in here I have a suggestion for you. I just did a post about checking referral ID’s in the source code of CCBill join pages and it reminded me what a pain it is to search for this info through the massive code. If at all possible it would be excellent if you could start putting this code near the top of the page, maybe even in a format like this:

< ! CHECK HERE TO SEE IF YOUR CCBILL REFERRAL ID IS CORRECT ! >
<input type=hidden name=ccbill_referer value=‘XXXXXXX’>

Sorry to hear that as well - I will follow-up on it.

[QUOTE=msm;116261]Gary, if you’re still checking in here I have a suggestion for you. I just did a post about checking referral ID’s in the source code of CCBill join pages and it reminded me what a pain it is to search for this info through the massive code. If at all possible it would be excellent if you could start putting this code near the top of the page, maybe even in a format like this:

< ! CHECK HERE TO SEE IF YOUR CCBILL REFERRAL ID IS CORRECT ! >
<input type=hidden name=ccbill_referer value=‘XXXXXXX’>[/QUOTE]

So that I understand - you want the payment form/join page to note your referral ID visibly on the page used by the consumer to join?

Clarify for me and I will check with support on whether there is a faster way to check on your ID.