Cant get flash to work..

Something has happened on my main PC and I can no longer play flash clips like Youtube etc.

It keeps telling me I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player, which I have done now about 20 times.

Still doesnt work. I have no idea what it might be and reinstalling makes no difference at all.

Anyone got any idea for why or how to get flash working again?

Where ever I try and view flash it asks me to go here to install:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Re: Cant get flash to work…

Does it happen both in IE and Firefox or just in one browser?

Can you just revert to an older registry backup (provided you enabled this option in Windows)?

You might also try to deinstall Flash from Add / Remove programs. Then try to reinstall it.

It only seems to be a problem in IE… typical…

I have managed to fix it now. I had to go in and change in “add ons” on IE. Then update ActiveX for Flash…

It does at leastshow that its never a good idea to have a site with too much flash.

[quote=Ben;12434]Does it happen both in IE and Firefox or just in one browser?

Can you just revert to an older registry backup (provided you enabled this option in Windows)?

You might also try to deinstall Flash from Add / Remove programs. Then try to reinstall it.[/quote]

I’m a big advocate of SWFObject for implementing Flash. It works on the principle that Flash should replace alternate non-Flash content. For example, if you have Flash-based promo movies on a tour, the non-Flash content that it replaces could be a video still with a link to say a .wmv or a .mpg file…

If you do that, there’s really nothing wrong with using a lot of flash since there’s still something there for the people without Flash.