Cams: How do I make money with them?

I have a pretty basic question about cams.
I run a paysite, FantasticForeskin.com, and I’m wondering how I can use cams to make more money. I know some sites have live shows. This seems really complex and buggy to set up. Plus, my membership may not be big enough to make it worth it.

I’ve also heard folks mention I could get some of my models on something like Cam4 to bring potential members to my site.

(Side note: I saw this special on the Oprah Winfrey Network where Lisa Ling looks at the lives of women who have made money on their own web cams. There was a lot of weeping, but it furthered my curiosity about the money that could be made.)

I’ve tried Googling for information, but couldn’t find anything very informative. I’d love to hear any suggestions or get some advice on how to make some money from cams and live shows!

Re: Cams: How do I make money with them?

You may be better just putting up a Flirt 4 Free link on your member’s navbar. See if you make any money. If you do, you could use it to finance your own cams.

The quickest way to fail at cams, however, if having members log in to find there’s no show. So unless you can offer nightly shows, I’d say don’t even bother. Members will get tired of logging in to see nothing.

Think I just read somewhere about members bitching about the Buddy Profit sites and their cams. Can’t remember where I saw this.

Dzinerbear,

First, thanks for always being so generous with your support and your knowledge. you are a huge help and I really appreciate it.

So, you’re saying that I should just do an affiliate link to Flirt 4 Free? Would it do any good to get my models involved?
Sounds like the cam stuff may be more trouble than it’s worth.

Perhaps you could get your models involved.

And yes, I’m just suggesting doing an affiliate link to Flirt 4 Free as a way of (a) testing the water to see if your traffic is interested in that sort of thing and (b) as a way of earning capital to invest in your own cam project.

And yes, I think it’s probably a huge pain in the butt. You have to invest in software to run the cams, then you need a location where the models will perform on cam or you have to get them cams (or make them provide them), then you need to schedule them and make sure they’re sticking to the schedule. Then when models don’t show up for a show, you have to find someone who can fill in.

I mean, you could start off with once a week show like Gunz Blazing does. But still, it’s another project to manage.

Flirt 4 Free is a different product than simply providing a live web cam show, but using them initially may give you some insight that will save you time and money when and if you launch your own.

P.S. I got my t-shirts, thanks

That sounds like good advice, Dzinerbear. I really appreciate it.
I’m going to check out Flirt 4 Free. Thanks for clearing all that up for me.

Hope you like the shirts. FORESKIN POWER!

AWE has an excellent system as well >>>

Hit me up and I’ll tell you about it, we can work with you to have your models do live shows on your site and show you how to make the most of having the on your site [email protected]

While AWEmpire has a good model/cam system software wise I do not trust them. Video Secrets has been around for a long time, and is US based and has always paid on time.

I have had no issues with AWE at all. I have less trust with VS after they lowered our commission structure after all the years I’ve been with them. :angry:

I make more $$ with AWE with their awesome commission structure. That includes a two tier model recruitment commission. :w00t: