Build a Fake Tube Site with Wordpress Tutorial

Re: Build a Fake Tube Site with Wordpress Tutorial

We are still beta testing them, so that’s why you can’t find them. :slight_smile:

Here is what they look like so far: Embeddable Streaming Flash Clips

A standard video preview plays and ends with your affiliate links on 2 different jpg images embedded in the player. Similiar to youtube/xtube suggestion pages.

They are simple to use. No embedding of javascripts. Just add a flash object html to any page.

I’m not sure if they will work with this project as is though… Yet…

Jimmy

[QUOTE=Bec;24184]So a Flash File with the embed code around your url for the video may be the best option at the moment.

[/QUOTE]

Can you try ours found here: http://www.nicedreamsentertainment.com/affiliates/embedded-flash-videos/

I’m not sure if they will work or not with what you are doing.

What plugin are you using to display the videos? That’ll help.

Jimmy

[quote=Nicedreams;24310]Can you try ours found here: http://www.nicedreamsentertainment.com/affiliates/embedded-flash-videos/

I’m not sure if they will work or not with what you are doing.

What plugin are you using to display the videos? That’ll help.

Jimmy[/quote]

It do work… see here

Jimmy, I love your flash player, very slick looking.

oh now that looks lovely!! I like I likeeeee!

Awesome. It looks good.

Thanks luke.

Jimmy

So, this has been a fun project, now the question is, how many have the theme loaded, plugins updated, and have gone around and gotten some videos to embed?

I want to say, there are some good stuff out there, and Kudo’s to Luke and his affiliate area. I used to promote it, but just recently resigned up, because of this project, and am impressed by the ease of finding what is needed.

Lots of sites, lots of videos with embed code that works.

So who is at this stage, ready to begin adding and building?

If you still need to grab the theme, you can GET IT HERE.

A free one was mentioned earlier, but I have to say, you get what you pay for. This particular theme may seem ‘pricey’ but I have to say, it does a lot of the hard stuff so a person can concentrate on adding posts.

The CSS is easy to read, and customize too, as it applies to color. The instructions that come with it, are decent, and I think between those and what insights Bec and others will post here, this will be a killer project.

It would also be a great tie in if you run a tgp, or have a review site, or if you have free sites as well. This has a lot of potential. :cool:

Fake Tube Site Building - The Process

Well hopefully there is still the interest in this amazing idea. I mean it is new enough that it should prove to be a winner, if you get things moving. So this thread shall deal with the building features of the blog, using BEC’S THEME.

To begin with there are a couple of things not covered in the instructions, that come with the theme. or at least weren’t very clear for a blond non geek like me.

One is the set up of the Categories.

To begin with, you need to have 3 main categories, for the program/theme to properly list the videos you embed.

1. Featured
  2. Videos
  3. Blog

Now you can call them whatever you like, so the instructions say, however, if you want to see a nice list on the front page, the ‘category slug’ for each category has to be as follows :

1. Featured > must be ‘featured’
  2. Videos > must be ‘video’
  3. Blog > needs to be ‘blog’
    (without the quote marks by the way)

If you use a different ‘category slug’ when you set up these categories, the theme won’t find the right stuff to put in the front page, and that just gives you a blank looking page.

An Example of the Blog Populated

This is my ‘test blog’ as it won’t be the one I intend to go live with. It is where I will post the tortured process of getting there.

The ‘featured’ section is using the graphics from Jim’s UK Naked Men and the videos are the embeded one’s at Rocket Tube.

Nose around, see the individual page posts of the videos, and all that stuff, and if you have questions, please post them here, so we can get this going, and start getting some live sites up.

Graphics will be up next, but I figure, one thing at a time, so as to not overwhelm anyone who is lagging behind a bit.

Wow, this is looking really good indeed guys and gals. Had a peek last night too while yacking with brother Ian on the “Q”. I may just be persuaded to take this on very soon. Hmmm.

Yes, nice flash player Jimmy. Love it!

Once Bareback Masters has some embedded codes you will be featuring them as well eh? He He. Coming very soon to a Tube Site near you. Almost there!

Re: Fake Tube Site Building - The Process

What, No One Building Yet? :bang:

So I have been busy getting embed codes, some graphics to use as the thumbnails and now here is the question of the day.

To start with, how many should we have? I mean obviously, the SE don’t like a whole ton of posts to begin with, but we need to start this off with something, and judging by the home page layout, seems to be about 12 to 15 videos.

So what’s everyone’s thinking here? whistle

For myself, I was thinking of beginning with about Five on the first day of putting the site live, then using the schedule feature, I’d be adding perhaps two to four each day for about a week. Then slack off to one a day, to give the appearance of activity while pushing traffic to the new site.

[SIZE=3]Special Note on Embed Codes[/SIZE]

After some hair pulling, and some cursing, it finally dawned on this blond head that the video embed codes in the provided email from Randy Blue weren’t working, because the email broke the stupid code. :bang:

So at least for those using the ‘embed code’ from an email, make sure it works before publishing your post, in case the blasted email program broke the code.

Randy Blue embed codes do work, but if you grab them from the affiliate area, not from the email, least if you have it sent to gmail addy.

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;24796][SIZE=3]Special Note on Embed Codes[/SIZE]

After some hair pulling, and some cursing, it finally dawned on this blond head that the video embed codes in the provided email from Randy Blue weren’t working, because the email broke the stupid code. :bang:

So at least for those using the ‘embed code’ from an email, make sure it works before publishing your post, in case the blasted email program broke the code.

Randy Blue embed codes do work, but if you grab them from the affiliate area, not from the email, least if you have it sent to gmail addy.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I could have told you that when we talked codes that one time on ICQ Ian. Randy Blue never came up though. Damn. Yeah, I’ve tried those email codes many times myself and they certainly don’t work.

Sorry you had to find out like that.

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;24796][SIZE=3]Special Note on Embed Codes[/SIZE]

Randy Blue embed codes do work, but if you grab them from the affiliate area, not from the email, least if you have it sent to gmail addy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it must depend on your email reader, because copying them out of Outlook from their html email and they work just fine for me.

Jimmy

Anyone still following along on this? zzz

I am finally at the stage of populating my new domain for this project, and am feeling rather lonely here. I mean, no one else giving this a go? If you have questions, just post 'em here, and I know we can get this thing working.

I am rather liking how its shaping up and yes it is a bit time consuming, but I have a hunch that it’ll pay off, and besides, Bec knows her stuff. So how about those not yet getting into the swing, bite the bullet and join in, those who are, how about singing out and let us know how you are progressing, where you are at? :innocent:

awww, I’m here too, so don’t feel lonely. But it would be nice to see what others are creating!

Where did everyone go?

I am here, going to do 3 tubes, but have few things i am finishing, then i will hit it full steam :slight_smile:

maybe i’m missing something, but is there a way to have a link to the site on each video’s page? also i see that there’s a link on yours, Gaystoryman, to get the embed code for the video. since the video will have the sponsor’s url on it but not yours, i would think that it would be better not to have that. anyway, illegal sites could end up posting the code. how difficult would it be to hide?

Okay on my test site, using Rocket Tube is the risk for not getting credit. The embed code from the sponsors directly like Luke’s Hunk Money and Randy Blue have the affiliate code within the embed code. So unless they know how to change it, you should, in theory still get credit for it.

As to hiding that, I haven’t a clue, have to ask Bec if she knows, or if she can ask the developer of the theme if that can be turned off or hidden.

what if the guys don’t click on the video? couldn’t hurt to have a link…

[quote=Gaystoryman;25563]Okay on my test site, using Rocket Tube is the risk for not getting credit. The embed code from the sponsors directly like Luke’s Hunk Money and Randy Blue have the affiliate code within the embed code. So unless they know how to change it, you should, in theory still get credit for it.

As to hiding that, I haven’t a clue, have to ask Bec if she knows, or if she can ask the developer of the theme if that can be turned off or hidden.[/quote]