Build a Fake Tube Site with Wordpress Tutorial

Re: Build a Fake Tube Site with Wordpress Tutorial

[quote=Twiceshy;32389]Hi guys well i have the theme that bec has i have it installed i have all the plugins set and updated i have perm liinks all done i did my logo ok and my pdf file is corupt some how :frowning: but i been winging it im testing it on one of my tube domains before i do anymore but sure could use some inside info on how to add the vids i think i know but heh thinking has gotten me in trouble before :stuck_out_tongue: . this is the site im doing it on right now http://tubedeviant.com/ .

so my question is i guess to add vids do i need to do it by setting up custom fields? please be kind im real new to wordpress but i do learn fast once i get the hang of it .
thanks in advance[/quote]

Yes, you need to add a custom field for both the thumbnail preview and the video embed.

For your first go, set up a custom field videoembed and one called thumbnail in the ‘key’ area. Then add the video embed code into value, and the url of the thumbnail into the value for thumbnail.

Resize your thumbnail to 192pixels wide first, before you upload.

The embed code should be provided from your sponsors. Just copy it and paste it.

Now, if the pdf file was corrupted, did you set up a video category? You will need to have that, in order for it to display right.

if you have questions, just post em, and I’ll be happy to answer what I can.

you can see my fake tube at free xxx gay tube.

[QUOTE=Twiceshy;32389]Hi guys well i have the theme that bec has i have it installed i have all the plugins set and updated i have perm liinks all done i did my logo ok and my pdf file is corupt some how :frowning: but i been winging it im testing it on one of my tube domains before i do anymore but sure could use some inside info on how to add the vids i think i know but heh thinking has gotten me in trouble before :stuck_out_tongue: . this is the site im doing it on right now http://tubedeviant.com/ .

so my question is i guess to add vids do i need to do it by setting up custom fields? please be kind im real new to wordpress but i do learn fast once i get the hang of it .
thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Love the domain name! Looking forward to seeing this when you have it all finished.

thanks alot for the input #1 no i didnt set up a video cat so i will do it and bec thanks i have anther one too www.fuckntube.com <-- still to be made live

well its been a learning thing for sure but i had to delete wordpress 2.7 cuz i could not get anything to work right so im going to learn a bit more on the older version i installed before upgrading. just seems to work better in the older version of wp *sign * over worked under paid and time for bed i think start fresh in the morning .

Odd, what wasn’t working? I have two of them running just fine on WP 2.7, in fact I find it a bit easier than on the 2.6.2 version.

i think its just me its taken me a bit to get the hang of the theme now that im getting better with i will upgrade to 2.7 as i like the new setup in 2.7 . as well as in 2.6.2 i seem to get a error when activating the rating widget :frowning: im slowly getting there tho .
One Question tho is there anyway to have more than 6 vids displayed on the main page or does it max out at 6 ?
thanks in advance for your help
PS
ok i got more than 6 to display my bad :frowning: i got it … im having way to much fun doing this Thanks Bec for starting a great thread/project

I would assume the error your getting is because php error checking needs to be turned off…

Go to the theme editor page and find “header.php” and “header-home.php”

Right at the very begining of those files add this line :

<?php error_reporting(0); ?>

:slight_smile:

Andyr Thank you so much that worked perfect :slight_smile: .

Ok it seems i can only display 10 vids on the index page is there a way to change this so i can have more than 10 ? take a peeks to see what i mean http://www.tubedeviant.com/

Go to ‘settings’ in your admin section, then to ‘reading’ and change the number 10 to whatever you want. Click save options, and that should do it.

I have mine set to 18.

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;32633]Go to ‘settings’ in your admin section, then to ‘reading’ and change the number 10 to whatever you want. Click save options, and that should do it.

I have mine set to 18.[/QUOTE]

Thank You so much for the info :slight_smile: woking great now . Really loving this almost have what i want set on this then on too another one :slight_smile: .All tho i tihnk i might use my photoshop skills and play with the design a bit for the nexted one.

Notice you dont have any ‘featured’ pictures showing.

You need to add them by using the custom field ‘featuredimage’ and they are supposed to be about 800x350. This will let you have larger pics and they need to be posted to your ‘featured’ category.

Check the PDF file, if you can, for the proper dimensions, and category name, as am writing this on the fly, without checking my own theme for the ‘exact’ info.

I think if you search through this thread too, you will find it listed, if that helps any.

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;32642]Notice you dont have any ‘featured’ pictures showing.

You need to add them by using the custom field ‘featuredimage’ and they are supposed to be about 800x350. This will let you have larger pics and they need to be posted to your ‘featured’ category.

Check the PDF file, if you can, for the proper dimensions, and category name, as am writing this on the fly, without checking my own theme for the ‘exact’ info.

I think if you search through this thread too, you will find it listed, if that helps any.[/QUOTE]

Gaystoryman thank you i was coming to ask that very question on how i could do this :slight_smile: . Seems like you were peeking into my thoughts be careful its a scary place LOL . thanks again

lol once you been inside mine, ain’t nothing scary anymore.

If you got any questions, holler, or pm me your email and i’ll send you a copy of the pdf file, if you need or I am sure Bec can help out in a fresh copy as well (of the PDF)

cheers

Pm Sent

email sent with the pdf instructions. It is an adobe 7.0 file. :cool:

I want to thank you for all your great help and info on this project now that i have gotten the hang of it i see a few more great fake tube sites in my future . Bec great job putting this all together even tho im a few months behind it was great fun learning another new thing :slight_smile:

It really is a great theme, isn’t it? BTW, you can use your own hosted player, to embed into the video theme, as well as wmv files. They do work, and you still use the ‘custome field’ so they are in the right place.

It doesn’t just work with the embedded flash, but also with hosted flash files, if you have your own player installed.

Great opportunity

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;32642]Notice you dont have any ‘featured’ pictures showing.

You need to add them by using the custom field ‘featuredimage’ and they are supposed to be about 800x350. This will let you have larger pics and they need to be posted to your ‘featured’ category.[/QUOTE]

Ok now here is a Question can the Featured image be made clickable? Just seems to be such a waste for it not to be :frowning: .

I would ‘assumer’ that if you enclosed the image url when adding to the custom field, with an ahref link that it would work. Let us know if it does… I’ve not tried it.