Black niche

Hi everybody!

I’m really new to this, I have my first site up and running now http://www.menofcolour.com/

I was hoping for any advice about how to advertise and create traffic for the lovers of black men. We only use black, straight guys from Britain.

Thanks everyone.

Ed

Re: Black niche

Welcome!

Your site looks interesting. Do you have a affiliate program for it? If you do I’m happy to try it out on Gaydemon and my other sites.

Couple of things though…

Something I think you might want to change is the enter / warning page. I spend a while trying to figure out how I could get into the site… until I scrolled down the screen. Why not make a big Join or Enter link in the middle or just simply link up the images at the top to your tour?

I presume the site is very small, or? At least thats the impression the tour and preview page gives. The images on here are all too similiar:

http://www.menofcolour.com/preview.html

Showing a bit of face would probably be good as well.

Depending on how many models / updates you have, your tour might benefit from a more traditional way of doing it by models or episodes. It tend to look better (if you have enough content that is).

your tour pics are very small, and that’s not a good way to give potential subscribers an idea of your content. bigger pics - and faces - would definitely help things along. an affiliate program would enable you to not only get affiliates to promote your site but also to let review sites all review and list your site.

you could promote your site in many ways, so i’ll list off a few. google adwords allows you to pay per click for traffic. they’re annoying to work with as they don’t allow “dirty words” but if you tweak your ad, eventually the results are good. you can create a blog on a different domain which will not only allow your site to trade traffic but to pick up search engine traffic. you can create a black male traffic hub which would allow you to promote your own site and other sites in the same niche, and would allow you to use lots of methods of traffic generation, and this would tie them all together.

you could create galleries and you could not only allow affiliates to link to them and get credit for sales (these are called free hosted galleries or fhg’s) but also if each one has unique text on it - perhaps about each model? - you can use those to get search engine traffic. also if you create a tour with unique pages for each episode including unique text like http://www.blakemason.com/home.php - you’ll have many more pages in your tour, each one grabbing a little search engine traffic of its own. you can also create freesites and list them at various link lists.

I noticed that some of your important text is an image. That will set you back somewhat with search engines.

You should definitely setup and affiliate program, if you haven’t already. I bet you could get a lot of traffic that way.

It looks like you have some great content, but very poorly executed. Why not show the faces? Also, I have found that the traditional CCbill pre-join form you are using never seems to work well.

lloyd

Thanks for all the ideas…we are going to set up an affiliate program over the coming weeks and really look at our preview section…

We had some issues with using models faces on preview sections because all our models truly are first-timers and straight…but we’re working with models whose faces we can show now, so that should help things along…

will keep you posted!

An idea for you would be to turn that around to your own benefit. Make it a selling point that its real black guys off the streets, no models etc etc… Come up with some story maybe? Definitly point out WHY you can’t show it, use it.

[quote=Men Of Colour;46602]Thanks for all the ideas…we are going to set up an affiliate program over the coming weeks and really look at our preview section…

We had some issues with using models faces on preview sections because all our models truly are first-timers and straight…but we’re working with models whose faces we can show now, so that should help things along…

will keep you posted![/quote]

if that’s the case, you should definitely be telling surfers about it up front rather than only referring to it by saying "To see their faces, and the movies, click here to JOIN. " it’s not only a huge selling point, but also some guys will be less likely to join without knowing why you don’t show the faces.

btw, did you explain to your first timers that even though their faces won’t be seen on the tour, they won’t be anonymous - that eventually it’s possible that someone who knows someone they know will see them in the site and tell people?

just so you know, it takes less than 5 minutes to set up an affiliate program through ccbill, and for review sites that don’t need banners or other material, it takes another 1 minute to create and upload a join page.

[quote=Men Of Colour;46602]Thanks for all the ideas…we are going to set up an affiliate program over the coming weeks and really look at our preview section…

will keep you posted![/quote]

Howdy & welcome to the forum. One comment: colour is spelled color in the USA, you are gonna lose a lot of traffic due to using the proper British spelling.

You need a better model release form, one that gives you the right to do whatever you want with the content.

Michael

I agree with larger images on the tour. Make those big black dicks looks even bigger. More pages on the tour as well of course.

“Colour” will affect you search engine wise. Luke’s certainly right there. Being from Canada I was also taught to use “ou” in those types of words. However, the fact remains that the majority of traffic most of us get is from the good ol’ U S of A and they take out the “u”. lol

yeah, we’ve changed the release now so we can show faces…