Big OpenX Problems

I’m in the middle of moving servers to a new host and am working with the latest OpenX release (version 2.8.1).

It seems they have not packaged the required plugins with the latest release. This basically renders the application useless.

I downloaded every recent version (release archive) and it wasn’t until going back to 2.6.5 that I found the plugins packaged with the release.

Has anyone else had this experience? Or maybe I’m missing something entirely. :bang:

Re: Big OpenX Problems

I’m only running 2.8.0, upgraded about a month ago. I didn’t have any issues with plugins, but instead had a massive problem with it not deleting temporary files, its due to the server install not having the same rights as the root user… or something. Nightmare but I think I managed to solve it.

I will try 2.8.1 shortly but as I already did 2.8.0 and got plugins I don’t think I’ll have the same problem.

I had terrible security problems with OpenX a while back. It’s the best tool around, and free, but so hard to keep on top of. I’m still not sure I’m using it right.

Hope you get it sorted, Seth!

I just upgraded now to 2.8.1.

All plugins seems to be there, 2 doesnt work though but I’m guessing thats due to my server and that they are not needed (openXDeliveryLog and openXMarket)

OpenX also controls the banners in this forum and as you can see (hopefully) they are working.

Not sure what to suggest. The Version I used first time around was 2.8.0 which seems to have included the plugins.

Thanks guys.

My new host figured it out for me. I guess its a known problem spelled out here:

http://forum.openx.org/index.php?showtopic=503426422

I’m mid-way through my migration to NationalNet and every little hiccup, including this OpenX problem, has been almost immediately addressed and fixed by their techs. Seriously outstanding service/support so far!

Make sure that maintenance is running properly and check this folder tomorrow or in a few hours time:

/var/cache/

My first time on 2.8.0 it didnt delete the files during maintenance and I ended upwith something like 15,000 files.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;46138]Make sure that maintenance is running properly and check this folder tomorrow or in a few hours time:

/var/cache/

My first time on 2.8.0 it didnt delete the files during maintenance and I ended upwith something like 15,000 files.[/QUOTE]

Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;46138]Make sure that maintenance is running properly and check this folder tomorrow or in a few hours time:

/var/cache/

My first time on 2.8.0 it didnt delete the files during maintenance and I ended upwith something like 15,000 files.[/QUOTE]

Bjorn,

Do you remember how you fixed this? I don’t have any real traffic on it yet as I haven’t changed DNS over to my new server, yet the files seem to be accumulating with just me hitting it.

Its a bit complicated, you better get hold of me on skype or ICQ and I’ll explain. I had the same problem AGAIN after upgrading to 2.8.1 but seem to have solved it.

[quote=Seth;46547]Bjorn,

Do you remember how you fixed this? I don’t have any real traffic on it yet as I haven’t changed DNS over to my new server, yet the files seem to be accumulating with just me hitting it.[/quote]