bestmalediaries.com down? Blog lost?

My blog, Confessions Of A Bareback Sauna Slut has been hosted at bestmalediaries since 2011 and it has been wonderful there.

I tried to log into my blog just now, using my usual URL:

http://confessionsofabarebacksaunaslut.bestmalediaries.com/

and it would appear that the subdomain .bestmalediaries.com is no longer online - the url just points to a random holding page. Photo attached below shows the page that my, and all the other urls with the subdomain “.bestmalediaries.com” gets routed to.

I have tried other blogs I know to be hosted with that site as well, and they all are off line.

Can someone please explain what has happened/is happening?

I understand that gaydemon took over bestmalediaries from Bjorn earlier this year.

My blog has been running since 2006 and is the longest running bareback blog on the internet, with thousands of readers a week.

I would hate to lose all this work.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Josh

bestmalediaries.jpg

Re: bestmalediaries.com down? Blog lost?

Due to costs and too few users using the service I decided to close down BestMaleDiaries.com. I did send out a notice of closure by email on 23rd Sept giving 30 days notice. The service was permanently shut down and closed last week. Here is a copy of the email sent to you (it was sent to the email address you registered the site with):

I’m sad to say that BestMaleDiaries.com will be closing down it’s free hosting service. There simply isn’t the income from it to support the large monthly hosting cost. It’s been a pleasure to host your blogs but unfortunately it’s coming to and end. Please make necessary steps to backup and export your posts and content withing 30 days of this message. There are a couple of export options under “Tools” in your dashboard. If you find any other tools or plugins you would like to use for exporting your posts then please let me know.

Thanks again and good luck.

If it’s important to you to recover the posts, I can enable the site for a short time. However I gave you plenty of notice to respond so you need to make sure to copy or export the posts without delay.

Please allow a few hours for the DNS to be updated. You should then be able to login.

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for your reply and email.

I didn’t receive the email you talk about, and have just double checked my inbox for emails received on and around the 23rd sept, including my junk folder, and nothing is there. So it would appear that not all users got it.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me limited access to retrieve my content. I shall drop you an email by return when I have succeeded in getting the content off so that you can make it unavailable again.

It is a shame that you have had to close, as since i hosted my blog there, the blog has gone from strength to strength. I remember all the help you gave me in my early days when I moved to you from blogger, following their purge of gay blogs back in March 2011.

As an aside, do you know of any other gay friendly adult rated sites that would be happy to host blogs of this nature?

Kindest Regards,

Josh

[QUOTE=Josh Landale;142287]Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for your reply and email.

I didn’t receive the email you talk about, and have just double checked my inbox for emails received on and around the 23rd sept, including my junk folder, and nothing is there. So it would appear that not all users got it.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me limited access to retrieve my content. I shall drop you an email by return when I have succeeded in getting the content off so that you can make it unavailable again.

It is a shame that you have had to close, as since i hosted my blog there, the blog has gone from strength to strength. I remember all the help you gave me in my early days when I moved to you from blogger, following their purge of gay blogs back in March 2011.

As an aside, do you know of any other gay friendly adult rated sites that would be happy to host blogs of this nature?

Kindest Regards,

Josh[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh,

Please private message me.