Are you prepared for the Christofascist crusade in the US?

Yesterday was a terrible day for women in America, I’m sure you all know.
There’s a lot to be said about it, but to stay in context for this forum I’m going to focus on the ramifications of the Supreme Court’s decision and discuss what this might mean for our industry in the very near future.

Yesterday’s decision doesn’t stop where some people seem to think it does. Right now states have the right to create their own laws on this matter. People seem to think a national ban can only happen if Republicans regain control of Congress and the White House, but the Christofascists already have a plan to bring a second case to the SCOTUS which would give them the ultimate power to ban abortion across the US, regardless of the POTUS or Congress.

Despite what people think, the SCOTUS does have the ultimate power to inflict these changes on the entire nation, regardless of the President or Congress. All they need is a secondary vehicle through which to implement the law across the land. In the case of abortion law it will likely be the “Fetal Personhood” case. This would dictate that every fetus is a person with rights to be protected and therefore allow the SCOTUS to implement a ban nationwide.

Justice Thomas has made clear that they’re going after same-sex marriage, contraception, and male same-sex sexual activity next.
All three of these established cases have been directly announced as open to being overturned and the Christofascists will now be working on getting these decisions in front of this extremist SC. The SCOTUS has already broadcast its justification for overturning all of them.

Texas is likely to be the one to push the case for a ban on male same-sex intimate activity. Not too long ago the Republicans there held a far-right rally where everything you could imagine from the worst dystopian Nazi propaganda was elevated to policy.

It’s entirely plausible that before the year is out America will not have only reversed women’s health and rights, but ended same-sex marriage, banned contraception, and banned male same-sex intimate activity.

Obviously, this will then extend to adult entertainment.

It would lead to an immediate ban on production. A ban on broadcasting and promotion of such content would quickly follow. This, in-turn, would automatically pave the way for further judgments on freedom of information and online business.

I guess I’m just asking if anyone here has thought about this and has any plans in regard to it.

I know there might be a few here who think I’m exaggerating. I would like to remind a few of you of when I warned about the rise of the far-right in America back in 2014/15 and the arguments I had with a member here who insisted I was being bombastic.

I was right then, and I’m pretty sure my characterization of what’s going to happen is right in this instance, too.

The last time we wrote our wills was ~10 years ago, before gay marriage. The (gay) lawyer put in special language to deal with the fact that our marriage wasn’t recognized by the US (but was by NYS). We need to redo our wills. I was thinking of taking out that language - now I’ll keep it in.

The next few years are going to be rough. But that’s why I live in solidly blue NYC…

I’m sorry you’re facing the stress of this. I do think it’s going to be much harder to the SCOTUS to move against at least half of the states on this issue in the future, but as they’ve shown they have no regard for public opinion, Human Rights or even the rule or law. They intend to use their position on the highest court to simply inflict their dogma on the entire population.

It’s certainly going to be interesting to see the way states fight back against these measures, and what happens to the states which enforce these Christofascist edicts.

It’s awful but no surprise, not after Trump. It’s a faulty system that’s for sure, a handful of people who do not represent the majority of the population can decide the fate of millions.