Anyone seeing the new Google Analyics interface?

Search Engine Land is reporting that Google Analytics got a facelift. I’m still seeing the old UI. Anyone seeing the new UI yet?

Re: Anyone seeing the new Google Analyics interface?

I logged into my account, and it still looks the same, so nope, no changes on this end either

nope, no changes that I can see.

It’s in closed beta.

just got this.

Dear Google Analytics user,

You’ve just received access to the new version of Google Analytics. We’re sharing this new version with you to give you a peek at the future of Google Analytics and to get your feedback as we work to bring this to all Google Analytics users.

never use it on anything significant though.

Same here, looks no different to me and not had any message either (also checked webmaster tools to check for messages).

You can get early access to the new interface by signing up here…

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/newanalyticssignup/

Well, I got access to the new UI and parts are good and other parts are bad… On the downside - it’s sorta cumbersome to switch between sites/profiles (though if you have hundreds of profiles it’s better) and it’s harder to drill down - there are no links to sub reports when they provide mini summaries (see screenshots below).

Interestingly, GA no longer emphasizes visits - it’s not the first thing you see when you view data for a site.

On the upside I do like is that it preserves the date range and report view when you switch between profiles. That drove me crazy before - so it’s much easier to compare sites. Another improvement is that it now remembers how many items you were showing in a list when you drill down and then come back to the list.

I think I’ll get used to it, and probably learn to like it… Here are some screenshots…

Notice the dashboard is completely different and doesn’t have visits on it by default. It’s now completely widget based. It’s always been customizable, but now it looks even more so. What you see are the default widgets, which seem like an odd default choice to me…

Notice on the screenshot below that you can’t click into ‘Visits’, ‘Total Visitors’, ‘Page Views’, etc. Hopefully that’s something they’ll fix.

To get into the new version look for the ‘new version’ link at the top of the page on the old version. I signed up for access (see previous post) - so you may need to sign up first before you can get access.

Screen shot 2011-03-28 at 10.40.12 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2011-03-28 at 10.39.10 AM.jpg