Anyone here use Wordpress frameworks or page builders?

After spending all weekend struggling with modifying a Wordpress theme to make it look the way I want I think I’m finally going to break down and buy a framework like Genesis or a page builder like Divi. Why keep pulling my hair out when these options supposedly make it easier to make the exact kind of blog you want. Genesis seems to have a steeper learning curve but people rave about its security features, a very important thing these days, plus I saw a stat that 8% of all Wordpress sites use it. But Divi is supposed to be a lot easier (and fun?) to use.

So is anyone here using one of these options and if so what are your thoughts?

Re: Anyone here use Wordpress frameworks or page builders?

I have used a premium theme (Flatsome from Theme Forest) with a built in page builder – the theme developer calls it UX_Builder and it’s pretty intuitive. I think it’s similar to what’s available with Divi.

On the other hand, I have used Elementor (https://elementor.com/) a free page building plugin that was released last year that got quite a bit of favorable press. The layout and features are similar to the UX_Builder.

If you haven’t tried Elementor, it might be what you’ve been looking for

Re: Anyone here use Wordpress frameworks or page builders?

Thanks for the tip about Elementor, I think I heard of that one before but have not tried it yet. I’m always concerned that these page builders add a ton of code that slow down sites but so far that does not seem to be the case, at least according to reviews from people who are using these.