anyone here use firebug?

for months my partner has been nagging me to get firebug. i downloaded it but didn’t really use it much. well, this evening he came by so we could work on something together and i finally saw it in action. wow! seeing what it could do to our web pages in the hands of someone who knew what they were doing was in-fucking-credible. and it’s not that he spent many hours learning it - it’s not hard to use, but is so powerful.

if you do your own php, css, java or html or want to fix what a designer did for you, you can debug with firebug. you can also find elements, move pieces of your page around like magic, and just about anything you want. you wouldn’t believe what all you can do with this program.

it’s free and open source - check it out here http://getfirebug.com/

Re: anyone here use firebug?

I’ve been using it for over a year now. It rocks when you want to find that little css code to change the color, or change some layout and don’t know to find the shit. Good stuff.

Jimmy

thanks, never heard of this before but I have been stuck looking for errors in code in the past…very frustrating! Hopefully this will help :slight_smile:

That looks and sounds awesome. I’ll certainly be checking that out. You can’t beat the price either! Thanks Basschick

Firebug has got to be one of the best Firefox plug-ins. Web Developer Tool Bar is great too: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

It’s the best FF plugin out there! As I’m relatively new to designing or rather redesigning themes in WP, it was mostly a hit and miss affair until I got hold of this awesome plugin.

I had used it in the past when I was designing a friend’s site and then forgot all about it. I read about it again while searching for solutions on WP design problems and I wasted no time using it. It was like Wordpress’ big mysteries have been revealed. Using Firebug has helped me cut the design time in less than half of what it used to be for me.

[QUOTE=Sean;50261]It’s the best FF plugin out there! As I’m relatively new to designing or rather redesigning themes in WP, it was mostly a hit and miss affair until I got hold of this awesome plugin.

I had used it in the past when I was designing a friend’s site and then forgot all about it. I read about it again while searching for solutions on WP design problems and I wasted no time using it. It was like Wordpress’ big mysteries have been revealed. Using Firebug has helped me cut the design time in less than half of what it used to be for me.[/QUOTE]

I can verify that, too, if I was the friend. By using Firebug, what you’ve done with my some of the formerly perplexing code and design issues is amazing. :cool:

You’ll be happy that I’m finally downloading the program right now.

How long have these plugins been around? Thanks so much for posting them. This is going to take a whole lot of time off of designing!

I’m an old schooler who does the ftp thing every 30 seconds or so. lol No more of that now!

Thanks again!