All those feeds...

Right now I’m publishing my blogs with Blogger (hosted on my own site, published with FTP). Blogger gives you one feed per blog. As I start up the new blog and think about migrating the old blogs I’m not sure what to do about all the feed options with WordPress. I mean you can get a feed of absolutely anything.

Right now I run all the feeds through FeedBurner and really like it. But given that every category, tag and even every post in WordPress has a feed, FeedBurner just isn’t an option - there are just too many feeds…

I’m sorta gonna miss the tracking of the feeds that FeedBurner gives me. I mean I really like that, but there’s no point in tracking the main ones if you miss the traffic on all the little ones (which could be more than the traffic on the big ones). Getting half the story doesn’t tell you anything meaningful.

One thing I have had success with is getting people to sign up for daily e-mail blasts that are feed based. That much I do plan on keeping with FeedBurner.

It just bugs me that I won’t really have a handle on feed usage. I know there are plugins out there for it, but they can’t even start to compare to what FeedBurner gives you…

Anyone else thought through this issue?