Affiliates who hate CCBill's WMS - make your voice heard...

<rant>
I’ve sorta had it with WMS. It sucks. StatsRemote can’t retrieve my stats, the reports are horrible (some disappear if you don’t have your browser set wide enough), and the interface is horribly complicated. From what I can tell there’s not much of an upside to WMS.

I’m now to the point that if a program switches to WMS I’ll stop promoting them. If you’re an affiliate who feels the same way, let your voice be heard… I think sponsors think WMS is great. I’m now getting e-mails saying my regular CCBill account has been migrated to WMS, and other ones from sponsors saying the regular CCBill is just being abandoned in favor of WMS and the old links are just going to stop working. Those are just my cues to stop promoting the sponsor…

If you feel the way I do, chime in here to tell sponsors that if they move to WMS they’ll probably lose you as an affiliate… If enough of us do it, then maybe a few of the programs will listen.
</rant>

Re: Affiliates who hate CCBill’s WMS - make your voice heard…

Is this a rant or a real call to protest with the threat of withdrawing business?

I have spoken with many of my CCBTools clients and they all tell me that the old system is perfect it just needs to show referring URLs

I think WMS is a good product however its not a replacement of the old system its a new system for other business models

Actually I got to agree. The new WMS system is messy and over complicated. I do wish web designers, programmers or who ever designs these systems could stop thinking that shit loads of options, extras and stuff that looks complicted is a good thing. It’s not. Impressive is system which are streamlined, minimal options but still deliver.

Personally I want link codes quickly and easily with minimum fuss. The old system did exactly that. They should just have added some search option to that instead.

I’ve also had two accounts that been misscalculated, at least CCBill did tell me that there was a problem and the money to be credited with the next check.

I don’t either like the new type of link codes. The encoded URLs are far too long and the un-encoded links are messed up.

I’ll put the question another way - are there any affiliates out there who actually like WMS? The only upside I can see to it is that it supports more types of product sales (live shows, etc.)

[QUOTE=gaydemon;59202]Actually I got to agree. The new WMS system is messy and over complicated. I do wish web designers, programmers or who ever designs these systems could stop thinking that shit loads of options, extras and stuff that looks complicted is a good thing. It’s not. Impressive is system which are streamlined, minimal options but still deliver.

Personally I want link codes quickly and easily with minimum fuss.

I’ve also had two accounts that been misscalculated, at least CCBill did tell me that there was a problem and the money to be credited with the next check.[/QUOTE]

I got the same e-mails about missing commissions due to miscalculations…

Have you gotten StatsRemote to work with it?

Ill share this thread with the lead architect in the new system

I have asked all my clients about switching to WMS and none want to do it. We are going to integrate CCBTools to WMS but not untill its a working solution to replace the legacy system. As of right now I can see no new revenue in making these new changes though.

There have been so many complaints about WMS that I have shunned it. I haven’t signed up for any site using it because I just don’t want to go down that path.

I WILL NOT PROMOTE ANY SITE THAT REQUIRES I SIGN UP WITH WMS.

I have heard too many complaints from sites having a hell of a time trying to set it up, and apparently affiliates can’t figure out how to get links. Further, it doesn’t even seem that CCBill knows what’s going on. I’ve heard that one arm of CCBill doesn’t understand what the problem is while the other arm is tearing their hair out.

Time to take WMS back to the drawing board I think.

Michael

I am avoiding WMS as well. It’s too complicated.
I like the way the old CCbill is set up and it DOES show referring URLs.

I have stopped promoting sponsors that made the switch.

[QUOTE=rawTOP;59205]
Have you gotten StatsRemote to work with it?[/QUOTE]

It seems to work yes, breakdown etc seems ok.

The only exception is that when you click ccbill to go to the site, it no longer log you in. I’m guessing it’s retrieving the stats from the old system somehow… not sure.

I would be extremly upset if the breakdown and stats stopped working.

statsremote does work with WMS for me, but I am not a fan of the system - and was not amused when I unwittingly signed up for Worldofmen and had my account migrated - had I known, I would not of signed up to the program there and then.

[QUOTE=Tanker;59201]I have spoken with many of my CCBTools clients and they all tell me that the old system is perfect it just needs to show referring URLs

I think WMS is a good product however its not a replacement of the old system its a new system for other business models[/QUOTE]

The old system does show referring urls.

then there is nothing else needed LOL

Well CCBill is sure not pushing us to switch over. We only got one news letter about it back in March 2009 and that’s it.
Since then I have heard nothing but negative things about it.
I want you to know that we at barebackMasters.com will not be starting any new program till you affiliates tell us that it is something you want.
Cam

Sucks to hear this, as we just got a CCBill account and they were encouraging us to try their WMS system for some new sites we’re launching with them. Looks like we’re going to have to nix that idea.

I have tons of emails coming from sponsors, and I think it is really unprofessional that the subject doesn’t contain the name of the sponsor. I just delete the emails without opening them.

[QUOTE=rawTOP;59169]<rant>
… the old links are just going to stop working.
</rant>[/QUOTE]

You mean you have to grab new links all over again? Why can’t the just migrate old links?

can’t you still use the old system? it mostly gets the job done without pissing off any affiliates.

I would stick with NATS.

they could add ccbill to their cascade…