Affiliates: Content Packs or Individual Files

We’re working on some new video releases & I’m trying to simplifying the process of getting promo content out to affiliates.

Instead of receiving a message with nearly a dozen different links to various promo content items, would you mind receiving an Email that contains just a brief description & two simple content links?

The first would link to a content pack, a well organized zip file containing all promo material for the latest release. This would include photos, screen caps, video files (wmv & flv) and possibly some release specific banner ads.

The second would be a direct link to the affiliate content area so you can pick and choose what to download for the latest release.

Re: Affiliates: Content Packs or Individual Files

sounds good to me!

Personally, I like a zip file with pics, scene banners, and a text file with a scene description, and separate (non-zipped) video files. That lets the affiliate grab two files - pics and whatever video format they prefer, and they’re done…

Me too!

I think its good as long as you send the direct download links and tell webmasters what they are downloading.

I like the all in one, but one thing I wish sponsors would do. When they zip the files, make it so when I unzip them, they create their own folder… I hate unzipping into my main folders. It complicates life.

Yes I know what you mean. I also download a fair amount of affiliate content. It can be a little frustrating when the files and/or folders are not organized or even named so they can be easily identified with the sponsor site.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

[quote=Seth;42155]Yes I know what you mean. I also download a fair amount of affiliate content. It can be a little frustrating when the files and/or folders are not organized or even named so they can be easily identified with the sponsor site.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.[/quote]

Yeah and it’s worse when they do it, then change to not doing it, without telling you. :grrr:

[QUOTE=Seth;42069]

The first would link to a content pack, a well organized zip file containing all promo material for the latest release. This would include photos, screen caps, video files (wmv & flv) and possibly some release specific banner ads.

The second would be a direct link to the affiliate content area so you can pick and choose what to download for the latest release.[/QUOTE]

Offering both sounds like a nice courtesy. :cool: