affiliate rep influence who you promote?

Does a sponsor’s affiliate rep influence whether you decide to promote, stay or leave a sponsor, or how much you promote the sponsor? Is this true no matter what other factors exist relating to promoting a particular sponsor?

I guess it is just how people are. It’s incredible how some affiliate reps are responsive and really care, without asking them, while others are decisively cold, unfriendly, half-listen, or just don’t bother getting back.

Re: affiliate rep influence who you promote?

I’d say that most Aff Reps aren’t even known, at the initial stage of choosing a sponsor to promote. And even after, you may never meet/talk/Im with a rep for eons.

Now if I saw a rep on a forum, who appeared helpful, who seemed to be in touch with reality, I might look more into the program they represent, but it wouldn’t be a deciding factor. Course if I saw the ‘owner’ on the boards, realized what a pratt he was, i’d certainly not even consider his program, but other than that, it would come down to the other factors first.

A bad rep, would perhaps influence a decision to drop a sponsor, assuming one couldn’t get to the next step above them.

my 2 cents

Yes, absolutely… the reps that respond to emails promptly and are just nice to deal with are the first ones on my mind when I’m thinking about promoting a site.

Rarely, simply because a lot of the very good sites that I promote don’t have any rep. However if I know a rep and like them, it’s of course more likely that I will take on whatever site they are trying to promote.

an affiliate rep who doesn’t know about marketing adult, who makes tons of incorrect statements about the program or adult, who nags you to promote the site more,who makes up silly “facts” about conversions or things like whether the content is exclusive when it’s not - that’s really annoying, and can make me less likely to promote the site he/she reps for.

honestly if the site is paid via ccbill or epoch, and has whatever i need in their affiliate area, i’d rather not hear from a rep at all rather than hear from a bad or annoying rep.

Reps have next to zero influence on whether I will promote a program or not. The most important thing for me is to be able to have either regular email updates from the sponsor or have the access to their members area (both is perfect). And of course, it’s important that the program converts. Like Bjorn said, some of my best converting sponsors either don’t have reps or I don’t have the need to contact them very often because everything goes smoothly anyway.

Reps come and go. Sponsors are more permanent. :slight_smile:

That being said, 90% the of the sponsor reps I talked to have been pretty good and up to their task.

An aff rep can definitely make a difference, especially when borne out in sales. Knowing someone personally is not only reassuring but also makes getting responses a lot easier. A non-response from rep/owner is a sure way to get me promoting something else, especially if multiple emails never get a response back.

Only in the sense that good reps provide me what I need to promote the site effectively. But if a program is set up properly to start with I shouldn’t even have to ask most of the time.

Coming from a rep- I find its good to have a personal relationship with rep’s or site owners, after all, when signing up be an affiliate, you are creating a partnership, so why not make that partnership more personalised. - you never know, you might find other projects you can work on together?

I kind of agree. The personal connection goes a long away. I think that often in our business we hide behind the walls and safety of being remote and removed by virtue our business being conducted online. But I notice a total difference when I can work with a client on the phone or even in person. Seems old fashioned but my father is a successful entrepreneur and he would never miss out on opportunity by hiding behind a desk / computer. He doesn’t really “get” the internet marketing thing as such, but he’s always put food on the table with his in person salesmanship.

Of course the sites your partnering with need to stand on their own two feet.

Jeff [at] vqcash.com
Vqcash.com

I agree with both of you. The problem is many reps and affiliates don’t get this. People have different personalities. It’s an approach to business that people either appreciate or they don’t. It’s always been around and I notice cutting edge businesses beyond the adult biz trying to promote themselves like this. That’s what most commercials on TV want you to think. “We really want to hear from you and value our customers and workers.” It’s talk in many cases, and sometimes it is real.

[QUOTE=jeffvqcash;76080]I kind of agree. The personal connection goes a long away. I think that often in our business we hide behind the walls and safety of being remote and removed by virtue our business being conducted online. But I notice a total difference when I can work with a client on the phone or even in person. Seems old fashioned but my father is a successful entrepreneur and he would never miss out on opportunity by hiding behind a desk / computer. He doesn’t really “get” the internet marketing thing as such, but he’s always put food on the table with his in person salesmanship.

Of course the sites your partnering with need to stand on their own two feet.

Jeff [at] vqcash.com
Vqcash.com[/QUOTE]